Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Restaurant 2024 thread

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Quality in the Curry Leaf has been going down for a few years, I’m not surprised it’s gone. Don’t rate Mowgli at all but like the Permit Room. Chilli Pickle is moving after this summer back to where it started in the Lanes and am looking forward to seeing them at a smaller venue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Curry Leaf Cafe has shut down 😞 I think Mowgli & Permit Rooms probably had an impact I’d guess
Shame as I liked that place. Not been for a while though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here’s a photo of some pickle backs

444FAFB3-A73D-48FE-B1ED-FA2DB280D0BD.jpeg

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Went to the Argyle Arms last night to try their American style BBQ menu. Went for the brisket with burnt ends served with chips and coleslaw and a homemade buffalo sauce on the side. It was immense! You have to go.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The Med, not been, but walked past it used to be Choys by ’Quadrophenia Alley’.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Does anyone have any recommendations for Preston Street other than Bincho? Want to combine with an evening in The Brick.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone have any recommendations for Preston Street other than Bincho? Want to combine with an evening in The Brick.
Not a recommendation but if you can go a check out No No Please and report back that would be good. It’s run by the restaurant awards people so should be decent

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Haven't been in an age, but Good Friends was always very good. If you travel a little further afield, then there's Palmito, Wild Flor and Fourth & Church -- for recent info on these, just scroll up a few posts.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Haven't been in an age, but Good Friends was always very good. If you travel a little further afield, then there's Palmito, Wild Flor and Fourth & Church -- for recent info on these, just scroll up a few posts.

I'm off to Palmito tomorrow for the first time

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Quality in the Curry Leaf has been going down for a few years, I’m not surprised it’s gone. Don’t rate Mowgli at all but like the Permit Room. Chilli Pickle is moving after this summer back to where it started in the Lanes and am looking forward to seeing them at a smaller venue.
Oooh, I didn't know this. Chilli Pickle's original incarnation was streets ahead of what it became on Jubilee Street. I really hope it gets back to how it was.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just wondering if anyone has ever been to Bali Brasserie in Hove? I’m intrigued by it and unsure whether it will be a magical 70s experience or absolutely horrendous
I have been albeit 20 years ago I think. I recall it was stag do/hen party heavy and claimed to have the worlds longest bambo bar or something.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Did you involve yourself with Oxtail Madras or Pork Vindaloo?
It must have been about 15 years ago, so I'm sad to report I can't remember what I ordered... They both sound like things I'd order though :drool:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did you involve yourself with Oxtail Madras or Pork Vindaloo?
I have had their pork vindaloo and it was superb. Really really good. They had some excellent beers on as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here