Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2012

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Doesn't seem to be a recommendation for a decent chinese restaurant on this thread. Any ideas anyone and quick as I have promised to take the kids out tonight for a nice portion of crispy duck pancakes. NSC to the rescue.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Give us a clue - what area

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I would say the best steak in Brighton is DEFINITELY at Hotel du Vin. Hen You'll pay for it though.

Only the fillet is the best, they bizarrely alternate between that & rump, even when I preordeded fillet when booking, the request was ignored, if the fillet is on it's wonderful

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
La Galleria, Shoreham

Total quality, really is improving and very good meal - 9.5 out of 10

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Went to Gars last night for the Chefs feast. Decent feed up, especially enjoyed the ribs and the chicken and cashew dishes. Most importantly, for me, the house white was more than drinkable which was handy as they were forever topping up our glasses.

Best chinese I've had, which it probably should be as it's not exactly cheap.

8/10

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Went to Gaucho in Sloane Avenue last night- absolutely incredible. Incredible steak, beautiful wine, decent atmosphere and gorgeous waitresses. Couldnt ask for any more really- 10/10

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sunday Carvery, Brighton Thistle Hotel

Went here for a change, its three courses for £15
First course is salad buffet
Mains is a pile your plate up high carvery (only beef, turkey and gammon) with a selection of veg.
Dessert is again buffet

It's pretty cheap and cheerful, if you like a traditional English roast cooked by a Sri lankan, served by a lovely Spanish seniorita, its pretty good. Also maybe a good place to take friends from out of town, as the seats are by a big glass window overlooking the sea, can see both piers etc

Drinks are usual over the top hotel prices

7.0/10

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
for thai lunches and meals little devil rose, western road hove opp the new coop 4.95 11-5 for two courses utterly devine thai food , can take your own alcohol in. like being in a street cafe in bangers or pattaya.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
if you like a traditional English roast cooked by a Sri lankan, served by a lovely Spanish seniorita, its pretty good.

This is the qunitessential English experience these days and I like it. I have had afternoon tea at The Grand a few times and am disappointed if the waitress is not Polish, it ruins the modern English experience.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm off to Food for Friends tonight with the wife. It's been a while since I last went but my father purchased a meal voucher for me for Xmas. What a lovely chap he is. I'll prob pop into The Spotted Dog for a beer as well.

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
for thai lunches and meals little devil rose, western road hove opp the new coop 4.95 11-5 for two courses utterly devine thai food , can take your own alcohol in. like being in a street cafe in bangers or pattaya.
10/10

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Restaurante Andalucia, Ferring. Took my good lady wife out for a meal last night as she didn't appreciate the idea of the Amex pie & pint deal for a valentines treat. Really good tapas in a busy restaurant. Tapas come in quite large portions so it's easy to over order but we just about got it right last night - the chicken in garlic and rosemary is very good and the chorizo cooked in sweet sherry is a little different and turns into a nice sticky sweet glaze.

9/10 - loses a point as the service was a bit slow last night

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Taste of India in Portslade,

Had a groupon deal, meal for two ( starter main and side dish) with a drink each for £15. Food was average however good value for money as large portions.

6/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Solera D Tapa on Sydney Street is a lovely little tapas bar. The food is not remarkable but it is very good and wholesome, and I just love the vibe of the place. It is small, cosey and seemingly run by just the the chef and waitor. This will be a regular of mine over the next year I'm sure.

Oh, book otherwise you will be disappointed; it's popular.

They've got a sister bar in Church Street - Bodega de Tapa. Also good, similar atmosphere.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
First visit to Wabi last night - on a Groupon deal :) can see why it's rated in top 100 in country - superb

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here