Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
HT, and I'm guessing its still 1-0

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
2 goals for JFC then, very pleasing.... Massive potential.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Hi everyone i just thought i let you all know that the Reserves in Action Tonight and i was just wondering how many of you are going along .

Jake Forster-Caskey makes his return to action for Albion tonight, as the Seagulls take on Crawley Down in the Roy Hayden Memorial Trophy at Lancing's Culver Road, kick-off 7.45pm.

The 17-year-old midfielder has joined up with Albion again after a two-week break, following an action-packed summer where he represented England U17s in the European and World Cup championships, and will line-up alongside Anton Rodgers, Jamie Smith and Yaser Kasim in midfield.

The fixture is the annual curtain-raiser for Sussex football where the Sussex Senior Cup winners [Albion] compete against the Sussex County Division 1 champions [Crawley Down].

Torbjorn Agdestein and George Barker lead Albion's strike force in the tie and the result has got to be decided on the night. If the scores are level after 90 minutes the result will be decided by a penalty shootout.

Admission is £5 for adults and £2 for concessions - programmes cost £1.

Directions to Culver Road can be found on the official Sussex FA website.

Albion: (4-4-2) Poke (GK); Strong, Hall, Branco, Sampayo; Smith, Kasim, Rodgers, Forster-Caskey; Agdestein, Barker. Subs: Walker (GK), Vickers, Simmonds, Hayward, Redwood.

I thought Cook stood out by a mile........... okay, and no disrespect to Eastbourne Borough but I think we've got a quality centre half in the making and who I believe could become on of our all time favorites. He commands the air, and his passing on the floor was exemplary. I mentioned shortly after that match and it would seem Gus and his team have moved him up the pecking order !

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Just got back, it's nice to be able to go and see the reserves who are essentially playing better football than our first team was before lord Gus got here.

JFC and Kasim won the game in midfield, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them as the CM partnership in the first team sometime in the future. Barker looked nippy and Toby got his usual goals. Branco the Brazilian CB looked assured on the ball and was powerful in the air (and so he should be, he is HUGE). Pokey made one sloppy pass, but other than that commanded his area well and looked very good at collecting crosses, but he didnt really have any shots to stop so can't judge him on that.

Got there a but late and missed Tobys first, but JFC's first was a beauty. Curled it top corner from outside the box after some tricky feet and beating his man. Tobys second was a poachers goal, header pretty much on the line after a bit of a scrap in the box. JFC's second was again very good, took a lovely touch from a cross in the box, faked a shot and popped in the bottom corner from a few yards out.

Overall a good performance and certainly looking good for the future.

squiggsy68

Feb 23, 2009
I thought Cook stood out by a mile........... okay, and no disrespect to Eastbourne Borough but I think we've got a quality centre half in the making and who I believe could become on of our all time favorites. He commands the air, and his passing on the floor was exemplary. I mentioned shortly after that match and it would seem Gus and his team have moved him up the pecking order !

I think that was Hall, not Cook - but you're right, he was excellent. As far as I'm aware Cook was picking up the scores from my mate's Twitter feed.

I recall watching his debut for us over a year ago, and for the small amount of time he was on the field he did fine and looked competent.
Tobias scores every match doesn't he? Even with our increased competition up front these days, I'd call that knocking on the door quite loudly.
I hope he'll get a run-out soon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I recall watching his debut for us over a year ago, and for the small amount of time he was on the field he did fine and looked competent.
Tobias scores every match doesn't he? Even with our increased competition up front these days, I'd call that knocking on the door quite loudly.

Cook's debut was a lot longer ago than that - against Man Citeh in the cup.

And Agdestein's name is Torbjorn.

Apart from that, carry on...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Cook's debut was a lot longer ago than that - against Man Citeh in the cup.

And Agdestein's name is Torbjorn.

Apart from that, carry on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here