Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacement for Andy Gray.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Well sky have had a couple of weeks to decide who should be chief summariser.
Who do you think it should be?

Glenn Hoddle?..... Toe Knee Shin
Alan Smith?.........Too Boring
Ray Wilkins?..........Too nice
Andy Thownsend?..Just search his name on NSC
Alan Mcinally?.......Hmmmm

In my opinion it should be this man.
parry.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wilkins is awful, talks about players as if he goes to the pub with them - Crouchy this Crouchy that

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Kammy or Jamie Redknapp

Definately not Parry though!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jim Davidson?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Without a doubt Gray who was there for his football knowledge should be replaced by Graham Souness who speaks more sense and is more knowledgeable than any other pundit on TV.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a tough call. Personally, I've had enough of "white van man" summarisers and would prefer someone / anyone with a brain.

Townsend tonight was once again shocking, bigging up Arsenal's start then a minute later they go behind. Anyone with an iota of intelligence could see it was a matter of time before the Spaniards were going to score. And what is it about Walcott that makes these guys gush? His end product is consistently poor, erratic at best.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The only thing Parry can talk about with any conviction is Parry. If you want "entertainment"ahead of insight you'd be better off going for Savage - at least he stays out of the bar long enough to see the football.

Can't think of many of the current breed of footballers-turned-pundits who are worth very much to be honest but maybe Leroy Rosenior.................?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm enjoying seeing more of Jeff Stelling. Best anchor since Des Lynam in his prime.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Seeing as he's getting one hell of a lot of airtime i reckon it'll be Jamie Redknapp. He's good too - talks about the game and doesn't let nepotism get in the way when he's discussing his Dad's team. Either him or Souness would be good - they're both knowledgeable and intelligent

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I actually quite like Alan Smith, although I would love it to be Chris Kamara, Graeme Souness is a good shout too as mentioned above.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Wilkins is awful, talks about players as if he goes to the pub with them - Crouchy this Crouchy that

I quite enjoyed his commentary, it was so much more relaxing watching the football with Wilkins dulcet tones over it, than the harsh glaswegian bullshit Gray blurted. Hoddle was awful in the Fulham Chelsea game.

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Danny Baker (how is he btw?)
Jamie Redknapp
Ian Wright
Ian Holloway =0)

Hoddle's a complete twat and has simply lost all credibility since he was made England Manager! ... "Michael Owen is not a natural goalscorer"

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hoddle, simply because it will only be a matter of time before he gets sacked for doing something outrageous, which is always a good laugh for all concerned

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Why does it have to be an ex player? The best summarisers all seem to be in written print. Gabrielle Marcotti is excellent. His piece in the Times the other day (In his 2nd language) about how Arsenal could beat Barca was oozing with incite. Martin Samuels is brilliant but without a face for TV. They say what they think whereas the ex players are mates with half of them of the current crop and have nothing but faint praise for everyone. Take Jamie Redknapp - has he ever said anything that was worth listening to?

My favourite footballer pundit is Chris Waddle but he seems to have dissapeared off the face of the earth. Likewise Gavin Peacock - did he find God or something?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Why does it have to be an ex player? The best summarisers all seem to be in written print. Gabrielle Marcotti is excellent. His piece in the Times the other day (In his 2nd language) about how Arsenal could beat Barca was oozing with incite.

marcotti is superb - when you compared his view on how arsenal could beat barca with the tripe that cascarino came out with on the same page it was laughable

anybody from the times could do a decent job on there - there's a reason why it's the best for football coverage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here