Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacement for Andy Gray.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why does it have to be an ex player? The best summarisers all seem to be in written print. Gabrielle Marcotti is excellent. His piece in the Times the other day (In his 2nd language) about how Arsenal could beat Barca was oozing with incite. Martin Samuels is brilliant but without a face for TV. They say what they think whereas the ex players are mates with half of them of the current crop and have nothing but faint praise for everyone. Take Jamie Redknapp - has he ever said anything that was worth listening to?

My favourite footballer pundit is Chris Waddle but he seems to have dissapeared off the face of the earth. Likewise Gavin Peacock - did he find God or something?

I heartily concur.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Gary Neville was also touted as being a Sky Sports pundit but it looks like he's taken on a coaching role at Man Utd now, thank goodness!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
marcotti is superb - when you compared his view on how arsenal could beat barca with the tripe that cascarino came out with on the same page it was laughable

anybody from the times could do a decent job on there - there's a reason why it's the best for football coverage

The irony is that Cascarino is one of the better ones. His kick the ball goal summary whilst only missing a large font associated with childrens books and a reference to lump it near the big man is nowhere near the bottom of the pile.

Try reading Harry Redknapps rant about Gattuso in todays current bun as an example. 'It takes a big man not to react' 'My Mate joe isn't a racist, he likes Pizza' 'When I was in charge of the European All star 11'

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
Probably not a popular choice but Lee Dixon would be my choice. Would'nt have a problem with wilkins or Kamara-but if I have to listen to bloody Hoddle,I must have committed many sins in a previous life!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here