Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Renaming of the east stand......

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Has there been a thread on this? I understand the sponsorship deal is now in place.....

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Are they changing it to.......................................... The West Stand?

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I heard that a deal was in place with a local Estate Agency. Pictures taken with players etc ready for the big announcement but then Amex said they won't allow any of the stands to be named.
Embarrassing climb-down from the club followed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I heard that a deal was in place with a local Estate Agency. Pictures taken with players etc ready for the big announcement but then Amex said they won't allow any of the stands to be named.

Can't see the club being so unprofessional as to give Amex a sponsorship deal that permits them to veto naming of the stands personally.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

Yep, that confirms what I've heard. Disappointing sponsor if true.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sounds a bit unlikely. Unless it was a major competitor, which realistically wouldn't happen, what would Amex stand to lose by corporate re-branding of one or more stands?

And I find it hard to believe the Albion would agree to such a concept anyway. If thats the case, why not veto shirt sponsors too? And advertising boards?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Pretty sure there's a question on ask the club somewhere from the last couple of months or so about naming the stands, and the answer was along the lines that with the exception of the north all stands can be sponsored/named

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here