Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Renaming of the east stand......

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I heard that a deal was in place with a local Estate Agency. Pictures taken with players etc ready for the big announcement but then Amex said they won't allow any of the stands to be named.
Embarrassing climb-down from the club followed.

I say good on Amex.

WTF Do we need to re-name any of the stands?

We could be in danger of thousands of Albion fans wandering round the Amex before matches completely lost!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
but then Amex said they won't allow any of the stands to be named.
Embarrassing climb-down from the club followed.
Nah. Either Amex paid for spondership that includes the stands remaining un-named, or they didn't. If they didn't pay, they wouldn't suddenly be able to decide the club can't do it (as TB's lawyers wouldn't be that stupid).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'd like it called the Ronnie Scott stand in honour of the polite 'jazz club' rounds of applause we give after a decent move/passage of play . . .

jazz460.jpg

Nice.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can't see the club being so unprofessional as to give Amex a sponsorship deal that permits them to veto naming of the stands personally.

i can. Amex is paying alot of cash, they dont want to be along side a brand that might taint brand or otherwise devalue their investment. would you want to be associated with an Estate Agents? i know i wouldnt.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I'd like it called the Ronnie Scott stand in honour of the polite 'jazz club' rounds of applause we give after a decent move/passage of play . . .

Its because being from Sussex we have got the polite "Cricket Clap" down to a Tee:bhasign:

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
The Wrong Choice Stand!

Or maybe the best view in Amex stand that's not so high I wish i'd Brought my binoculars or the stand with the kids who are quite excited because they are not old enough to remember being in a big Albion crowd before (but may loose interest when they discover girls). There, I said it. East stand fantastic view, appreciative crowd concentrating on the game. Feck Off.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Or maybe the best view in Amex stand that's not so high I wish i'd Brought my binoculars or the stand with the kids who are quite excited because they are not old enough to remember being in a big Albion crowd before (but may loose interest when they discover girls). There, I said it. East stand fantastic view, appreciative crowd concentrating on the game. Feck Off.

Hear hear

bridge

Mar 16, 2011

Still prefer the North

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Anyway, it's soon to be known as the mansell mctaggart stand, enjoy that east standers....

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
That's it. Mansell McTaggart were the local estate agents looking to name the East Stand after their company. The deal was done and then Amex scuppered it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here