Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remove VAT from bicycles

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Would rather they removed VAT from petrol, that would get me signing a petition.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
bhafc4eva said:
Would rather they removed VAT from petrol, that would get me signing a petition.

Not exactly what we would call a deep thinker are we.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
It is an interesting idea, but like most campaigns to reduce or remove tax on various things people forget that the burden gets picked up somewhere else so you don't really save anything.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Woodchip said:
Put it on fuel!!! ;)

Sounds fair to me.

I would put Road Tax down to a nominal fee and put it on petrol so those who use the roads more pay more.

How about cyclists observing red lights?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I'm just about to lease a bike through my employer, which has signed up to the government's "Cycle to Work" scheme: 12 monthly payments come out of my gross, rather than net, salary; there's no VAT; I buy the bike at the end of twelve months for peanuts.

It's BRILLIANT.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
its_neil said:
He can remove VAT off bicycles as soon as cyclists actually abide by the highway code.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Standards of cycling are also getting WORSE. Barely any cyclists I see stop at red lights or wear helmets.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You appear to have made an error with the subject and added 'VAT from' when it wasn't required.

This world would be a far better place without bicycles!

Until those ****s pay road tax then they have NO right being on the road and therefore deserve to get cut up and every given opportunity!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Common as Mook said:

Standards of cycling are also getting WORSE. Barely any cyclists I see stop at red lights or wear helmets.

I stop at red lights; but I don't wear a helmet - not legally required to, don't care about the benefits over the disadvantage of a sweaty head, dead people in promotional material or not.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
f*** that. I would license every bike that wants to go on the road. It's wouldn't cost them much like it would a car, just make it easier to fine the c*nts that jump red lights.

Message to anyone who jumps the red lights at the bottom of Coombe Road......... the next cu*t who jumps the lights at the bottom of Coombe Road opposite the retail park, either going along, or turning into Lewes Road, I will not stop for you. In fact if I have to swerve just a little to clip you, without making it to obvious I will.

Im all for bikes on the road, but FFS the way motorists are fined, it's about time they started coming down heavy on cyclists who break the law.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Mr Burns said:
f*** that. I would license every bike that wants to go on the road. It's wouldn't cost them much like it would a car, just make it easier to fine the c*nts that jump red lights.

Message to anyone who jumps the red lights at the bottom of Coombe Road......... the next cu*t who jumps the lights at the bottom of Coombe Road opposite the retail park, either going along, or turning into Lewes Road, I will not stop for you. In fact if I have to swerve just a little to clip you, without making it to obvious I will.

Im all for bikes on the road, but FFS the way motorists are fined, it's about time they started coming down heavy on cyclists who break the law.
Extremley well said sir, i salute you :bowdown:

Originally posted by Mr Burns Im all for bikes on the road, but FFS the way motorists are fined, it's about time they started coming down heavy on cyclists who break the law.

In Cambridge (where there are cycle lanes a plenty) less than 30% stop for red lights and I'd say more than half cycle on the pavements.
:angry:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Common as Mook said:

One of my friends was killed just before Christmas because he fell off his bicycle and was not wearing a helmet.

He screeched to a halt to avoid a PEDESTRIAN who stepped out in front of him, went over the handlebars and never regained consciousness.

I'm always shouting at cyclists I see who aren't wearing helmets these days. You may look a prat, but they save so many lives.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
A cyclist nearly hit me as I was going under the viaduct near london road (from the 7 dials) - stupid bint just jumped her red light (old shoreham road way) and as i was pulling forward nearly slammed into my side.

Of course I got the abuse on how i should have given way blah blah.

I replied with "What does a red light mean?" and drove off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here