Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF9 - a tremendous financial success - £10k+++

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If that's the case, why re-write it?

Because, quite simply, I get about two dozen press releases sent to me a day and across the board at newspapers, the ones which are written in the style of a news story and need little tinkering with are more likely to get used bigger.

Write it like a story, more likely to be used, so more people read it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only thing that I would have left out is the mention of where the money raised is going to go. I thought mine was concise and to the point but hey ho as long as the story is out there thats the main thing.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Thanks Richie. I could always bung a picture over to Rupert but suspect we are too close to deadline.

Of earlier discussions in this thread...the important thing is that the story is covered. If it is filed by someone in the business, then not only will it read correctly for the intended publications, but it will get printed. Which, at the end of the day is the whole point.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair do's. As said the story needs to be told. Thanks for your help Richie.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And as a note to everyone - press releases are to go out at the behest of the press officer.

Seeing as REMF doesn't have a press officer as such, it ought at least be proof-read - not on a public forum - but by someone with press or publishing experience BEFORE it goes out on any public medium, not necessarily as soon as it arrives on someone's lap.

I think that's quite important.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair enough Al. Richie has done it but I really don't think there was anything wrong with what I wrote so lets leave it all that.

Its all done and dusted.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyway Richie has been a legend for REMF 9. The press release is out. We do need a press officer for REMF 10 though who will do all press releases.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
very nice of The Argus to give their Charity of the Year some good coverage. :clap2:
Think thats your whole press release Richie!

Attachments

• IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 95

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Looks good, thanks for scanning that in Brett. Top work Argus.

And yes, it pretty much is my press release word for word - I sent it to Emily who was good enough to use the other ones I sent over as well.

Which I guess sort of proves my point of yesterday...

Nice of them to dig out a picture of Robert as well. Thumbs up to the Argus. :thumbsup:

Also - what a CRACKING shot of Ricky.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If the article is just Richie's press release, what did Emily-Ann Elliot do to get her name on it? Has she just skived off her afternoon's work or is that normal practice(putting a reporter's name to a press release)?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Normal practice.

Precisely the same thing happened on the Albion website earlier this week. Oh well.

Yeah, completely normal.

Most of the time the byline is added by subs based on who sent the piece through. In instances like that they wouldn't have a clue whether it was a press release re-hashed or not.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well done Richie, Gareth, Brett and everyone else, you have done a fantastic job and you should be very proud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here