Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF9 - a tremendous financial success - £10k+++

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Last night I noticed that Ricky Marlowe had received very few (i.e. 2 I think) sponsors which is a shame as it strikes me that his efforts and yearly pilgrimage are a tremendous illustration of what the REMF is all about. As such, the NSC funds will be donated to his Just Giving page by way of thanks.

Should NSC 'win' his match shirt in the associated raffle I'll do a draw of NSC members and pass it on to a winner.

How do I sponsor him? If you want to PM me with some info I'd be happy to sponsor or donate.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
very many congratulations you should all be very proud of not only the efforts this year but year on year, well done.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Never been before but went with my brother on the spur of the moment and, as with all evenings out done on the `cuff it was superb! Match was entertaining in a non-league kind of way, simon rogers can still play cant he, great 2nd goal by the scum, Dick Knight watching from the stands, while we supped 4 pints over the 90 mins, great watching footie with a beer in your hand.

Looked alot more than 315 there, so can only guess a fair few managed to get in as "guests". Had a great laugh, went back to eastbourne after for more beer and curry, great night, better than most fridays! Well done to all.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
This is what I make the total so far as of 8.30am on 4/5/2010

Main Page: £2,750 + £630.68 GA
Palace Page: £155.00 + £40.90 GA
Ward: £95 + £14.10 GA
Marlowe: £10 + £1.41 GA
Morris: £270.20 + £67.75 GA
Healy: £147 + £41.46 GA
Jenkins: £155 + £33.85 GA
Walmsley: £125 + £23.97 GA
Barrett: £106 + £28.49 GA

Players Match Fees - (15 players included on main page, Richie On His Own Page)

Still awaiting sponsorship money from a couple of players which is not included anywhere yet (about £100)

Falmer Raffle: £1260.00 + £55.00 GA
Gullys Girls Auction: £75 (still to be paid, rest on main page)
First Goal Prediction: £54 + £13.82 GA
Uncle Buck Sponge £14.50 + £4.09

Maroon Palookaville Shirt: (£210 included on main page)
Savage Shirt: (£85 included on main page)
Calderon Shirt: £150 still to be paid, (£150 included on main page)
Bennett Shirt: (£125 included on main page)
Hoyte Shirt: £75 included on main page)

Grand National: (£40 included on main page)
Scott McGleish's DVD Sales - £140

NSC advertising contribution: £450

Wardy Book/ Savannagh raffle: £500 + £100 GA
Match/Mascot Sponsorship: £120

Gate money £ 1575
Match Day Raffle £ 495.46
Virgo shirt raffle £ 320
CPFC subs £ 180

£9147.16 + £1055.52 Gift Aid

:clap2:£10202.68:clap2:

Last edited:

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
Well Done one and all.

It was a pleasure to meet Uncle Spielberg and spendiing a good half an hour chatting with him - Good to meet Sheebo as well (Cramp my arse).

Excellent stuff :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Press release.

REMF 9 - Smashes through the £ 10000 barrier

The 9th annual Robert Eaton Memorial Trophy match between supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace took place at Lewes FC, the Dripping Pan on Friday 30th April.

Ex Albion legend Peter Ward flew over from Florida especially to take place in the match and ex Albion player Ricky Marlowe travelled from Edinburgh to participate for the 9th year running. Simon Rodger who played for both Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace as a professional played for the Palace supporters.

A keenly fought match was eventually won by Crystal Palace 2-0 which was their first victory in 7 attempts. The Brighton & Hove Albion supporters now lead the games 6-3 with the 10th game due to be played in 2011.

Gareth Glover the Chairman of the REMF said " it was a very successful night with our best crowd since the first game in 2001 of around 400 and the charity raised just over £ 10000 from the night from all manner of fund raising activities. This is the also the highest amount raised since 2001 and the fund goes from strength to strength.

The fund would like to thank everyone who helped, attended or donated to achieve this superb result and we are looking forward to the 10th game in 2011. All Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace supporters can be very proud of their achievements ".

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Press release.

The 9th annual Robert Eaton Memorial Trophy match between supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace took place at Lewes FC, the Dripping Pan on Friday 30th April.

Ex Albion legend Peter Ward flew over from Florida especially to take place in the match and ex Albion player Ricky Marlowe travelled from Edinburgh to participate for the 9th year running. Simon Rodger who played for both Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace as a professional played for the Palace supporters.

A keenly fought match was eventually won by Crystal Palace 2-0 which was their first victory in 7 attempts. The Brighton & Hove Albion supporters now lead the games 6-3 with the 10th game due to be played in 2011.

Gareth Glover the Chairman of the REMF said " it was a very successful night with our best crowd since the first game in 2001 of around 400 and the charity raised just over £ 10000 from the night from all manner of fund raising activities. This is the also the highest amount raised since 2001 and the fund goes from strength to strength.

The fund would like to thank everyone who helped, attended or donated to achieve this superb result and we are looking forward to the 10th game in 2011. All Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace supporters can be very proud of their achievements ".

Don't send that out G. I will write a better one and bung it out this afternoon.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A CHARITY football match starring Brighton and Hove Albion's greatest ever player raised more than £10,000 for charity.
The annual match-up between Seagulls fans and supporters of their rivals Crystal Palace took place at Lewes FC's Dripping Pan ground on Friday.
And more than 400 supporters attended the game, which is held in memory of Albion fan Robert Eaton, who died in the attack on the World Trade Centre back in 2001.
And star of the show was Albion legend Peter Ward, who jetted in from his Florida home especially for the match. For Seagulls star Ricky Marlowe - who was Mr Eaton's favourite player - journeyed down from Scotland and the Palace team boasted former Eagles and Seagulls star Simon Rodger.
Much to the disappointment of the home fans, Crystal Palace came out on top with a 2v0 win - their first in seven attempts.
But it was the success off the pitch that caused the most celebration. Gate receipts, auctioned shirts, a raffle and player sponsorship saw the night net more than £10,000.
The cash will go to footballing projects aimed at underprivileged youngsters not only here in Sussex, but also in Mr Eaton's adopted home of New York, and in war-torn parts of Africa.
Gareth Glover, chairman of the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund, said: "It was a very successful night with our best crowd since and the highest amount raised since 2001 and the fund goes from strength to strength.
"We would like to thank everyone who helped, attended or donated to achieve this superb result and we are looking forward to the 10th game in 2011.
"All Brighton and Hove Albion and Crystal Palace supporters can be very proud of their achievements."

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats great Richie but my experience certainly of the Argus is that they will give limited word space.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just a few bits need to be changed Richie IMO

[leave out "And"] More than 400 supporters attended the game, which is held in memory of Albion fan Robert Eaton, who died in the attack on the World Trade Centre back in 2001.
[leave out "And"] Star of the show was Albion legend Peter Ward, who jetted in from his Florida home especially for the match. Former Seagulls star Ricky Marlowe - who was Mr Eaton's favourite player - journeyed down from Scotland to participate, whilst the Palace team boasted former Eagles and Seagulls star Simon Rodger.
Much to the disappointment of the home fans, Crystal Palace came out on top with a 2-0 win - their first victory in seven attempts.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't want to be picky but can we leave this out as the future funding is yet to be decided.

The cash will go to footballing projects aimed at underprivileged youngsters not only here in Sussex, but also in Mr Eaton's adopted home of New York, and in war-torn parts of Africa.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just a few bits need to be changed Richie IMO

[leave out "And"] More than 400 supporters attended the game, which is held in memory of Albion fan Robert Eaton, who died in the attack on the World Trade Centre back in 2001.
[leave out "And"] Star of the show was Albion legend Peter Ward, who jetted in from his Florida home especially for the match. Former Seagulls star Ricky Marlowe - who was Mr Eaton's favourite player - journeyed down from Scotland to participate, whilst the Palace team boasted former Eagles and Seagulls star Simon Rodger.
Much to the disappointment of the home fans, Crystal Palace came out on top with a 2-0 win - their first victory in seven attempts.

Fine, but not many newspapers will use the phrase WHILST in 21st century England...

Also, you can pretty much do that with ANY story written by ANYONE. It reads fine, the facts are in, and the papers can do what they want with it.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Press release.

I think that Gareth's original version reads perfectly so, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Just release yours Gareth, job done.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think that Gareth's original version reads perfectly so, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Just release yours Gareth, job done.

Without being rude, it does not read like a news story, i.e. most interesting angle (the CASH) at the top etc.

I have sent the re-written one out and The Argus and the Sussex Express are using it so hey ho.

The main thing is the amazing result in fundraising terms gets read about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here