Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** REMF Quiz II - DETAILS HERE **

Lush

Mods' Pet
God, I bet you're like those ones on the quiz that's on BBC2 about 6pm ish each night :wink: Can't remember what it's called but it has a regular team comprised of smug brainiac winners of previous TV quizzes (the posh woman who won the top prize on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is one of them), and a bloke with stupid frizzy grey hair.

Hang on...Eggheads, maybe?

Kind of. Except none of us do quizzes and we all just write down what Gwylan says. Or imagine what he would say (like last year).

I had a dream last night that we were all at the quiz and hanging around for hours waiting for TLO to turn up. He was delayed because he was recording a voice over for a BBC Schools programme teaching kids how to speak French. W and indeed TF?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kind of. Except none of us do quizzes and we all just write down what Gwylan says. Or imagine what he would say (like last year).

I had a dream last night that we were all at the quiz and hanging around for hours waiting for TLO to turn up. He was delayed because he was recording a voice over for a BBC Schools programme teaching kids how to speak French. W and indeed TF?

Would you kindly refrain from the Stilton after 8pm? Ta. Anyhoo, Lush's scary mindtrip aside, a quick heads-up.

Pies, snacks and sandwiches (panini to be confirmed) are on offer at the bar. I've told staff that the doors will be open from 7pm; though the reality is that the bar won't close in the late afternoon, so feel free to come in earlier. The bar will be open until 11pm.

For those driving, you can park right outside; come in via Village Way and you will be directed in. For those not so mobile, you can use the lift in the North Stand reception area.

See you Friday.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Didn't Gwylan once win University Challenge?! Surely a handicap system should be in effect. Instead of a joker round maybe each team could select a 'smartphone enabled' round?
That aside, me and the missus will be there as part of a Unicorns CC team.
PG

Lush

Mods' Pet
Didn't Gwylan once win University Challenge?! Surely a handicap system should be in effect. Instead of a joker round maybe each team could select a 'smartphone enabled' round?
That aside, me and the missus will be there as part of a Unicorns CC team.
PG

There IS a handicap system in effect. They have me on the team, convinced that I have a better answer and persuading everyone to change their minds. :(

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would you kindly refrain from the Stilton after 8pm? Ta. Anyhoo, Lush's scary mindtrip aside, a quick heads-up.

Pies, snacks and sandwiches (panini to be confirmed) are on offer at the bar. I've told staff that the doors will be open from 7pm; though the reality is that the bar won't close in the late afternoon, so feel free to come in earlier. The bar will be open until 11pm.

For those driving, you can park right outside; come in via Village Way and you will be directed in. For those not so mobile, you can use the lift in the North Stand reception area.

See you Friday.

I take it the quiz won't be going on too late, bearing in mind some people will have to catch onward trains from Brighton to various destinations (last one back up towards London is about 2337 I think, but no idea what time the connecting services from Falmer go)?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
You'd better all watch out - the cream of Worthing's intelligencia are making an appearance (we could only find 4).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I genuinely worry that Alan has written this quiz.

Half the answers will be in french, and the rest of it will have been gleaned from Encyclopedia Britannica circa 1967.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here