Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** REMF Quiz II - DETAILS HERE **

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'll be there.

Will the Team of Seven be allowed to compete again as a team? You were muttering last year of splitting us up if we won again, which of course we did (not that I had anything to do with it).
Well I shan't be there as we're 'oop north' that weekend and I'm driving up on the Friday, so you can have my place (which was yours anyway originally).

NOTE TO TLO: Get the trophy off me before the 25th.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have a mind full of trivia and generally think myself quite useful at these things, so if anyone's team is one short then I'm available and willing.

Drop me a PM if applicable.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
@Brovion . When is a good time to retrieve the trophy?
This week I'm in London on Wednesday (16th), out on Friday night and busy all weekend. As I said I can drop it down the school, or we could meet in the Cleveland? If the latter either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday or (currently) any time next week.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Last year's quiz - football round

1. Which footballer, still playing, having spent the vast majority of his career playing in England, is currently fifth on the world’s leading international goalscorer list, with 69 goals?

2. For which club was the first European Footballer of the Year playing when he won his award?

3. If Brighton are considered to be the reigning Div 3 (South) champions, who are the reigning Div 3 (North) champions?

4. Which first did Lucien Laurent of France achieve when he scored against Mexico in front of 3,000 people in Montevideo in July 1930?

5. On 16 December 1899, which club was formed by Afred Edwards, Samuel Richard-Davies, David Allison and Herbert Kilpin?

6. Which team plays in the Vicente Calderon Stadium?

7. Who is the most capped England U21 player?

8. Who won the first League Cup in 1961?

9. Who was the Spanish captain who lifted the World Cup this year?

10. In the penalty shoot-out of England v Portugal in Euro 2004, Beckham missed the first England penalty. Who missed the other England penalty?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Swift half in town at stumps tonight, Tim?

I would send a PM, but you don't accept them. :(
I'm at home today, so the Cleveland's nearer! Hang on I'll temporarily enable PMs so we don't bore everyone else with our social chit-chat.

EDIT: PMs now enabled.

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Going to be in town from the States for the pleasure end of a business trip. If I make it to the Amex by 8.00, is it likely there would be a team I could join? I should be good at questions related to the US (if there are any)!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Ginger Bob and I will be there selling our Amex Watch "Home At Last" 2012 calendars.
You'll love the box it comes in!
You can also buy back issues of the 2010 and 2011 calendars, or the whole box set at a discounted price.
Profits from sales on this night will be going to the REMF.
For more info about the calendars, please visit, Jack Straw's American Express Community Stadium "Home At Last" Calendar 2012

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll be there.

Will the Team of Seven be allowed to compete again as a team? You were muttering last year of splitting us up if we won again, which of course we did (not that I had anything to do with it).

God, I bet you're like those ones on the quiz that's on BBC2 about 6pm ish each night :wink: Can't remember what it's called but it has a regular team comprised of smug brainiac winners of previous TV quizzes (the posh woman who won the top prize on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is one of them), and a bloke with stupid frizzy grey hair.

Hang on...Eggheads, maybe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here