Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Palace to Amex bike ride - 29th September - PLEASE SUPPORT THE TEAM

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
Just want to add my thoughts on what was a brilliant day with other fans willing to go the extra mile for a great cause, all done in great spirit and great team work from all the people that organised a really great route.

Top day everyone. Have a good rest.

Craig.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done US. Sheer perseverance and grit got you there. Good man.

Thanks. It was a hard ride but I was never not going to do it. Thanks to you and everyone who got me over the line.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just want to add my thoughts on what was a brilliant day with other fans willing to go the extra mile for a great cause, all done in great spirit and great team work from all the people that organised a really great route.

Top day everyone. Have a good rest.

Craig.

The day you get a road bike is the day we only ever see the dust left with you off in the distance!!

Top top effort on that mountain bike with the huge tyres. Kept pace with the carbon fibre 23mm tyre brigade, your assault of the hill after the Ardingly Reservoir and the Beacon was a top drawer. Look forward to seeing you on the Geeks thread with road bike first purchase questions!

And the Judge, the boy has an engine to match the voice! Descends like a complete pussy though.......:lolol:

Well done to all that did it, great feeling getting to the top of the Beacon exhausted, but a really wonderful view of the Amex. Palace fans gave it their all and were great company - well done lads!

US - I thought we did well stopping at the Harrow pub and not actually buying a pint! The barmaid did chuckle when I asked her for a pint of Harveys in my water bottle though.

This morning has been hard work so far, with the trip from home to the Amex to start, I did just over 115miles. My knees feel ready to pop.

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole day, and glad we've raised a decent sum for a great cause.

Scott

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
Definitely going to invest in a road bike after everything you and the team said to me yesterday - luckily enough, a friend of the family has one for sale so will find out what it is and ask you guys if it is a decent bit of kit!

Everyone of us were great -best day in a long long time.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Definitely going to invest in a road bike after everything you and the team said to me yesterday - luckily enough, a friend of the family has one for sale so will find out what it is and ask you guys if it is a decent bit of kit!

Everyone of us were great -best day in a long long time.

That's great news. The pace you were putting in yesterday on a mountain bike was fantastic. On a road bike you'll be going much faster - frighteningly so. No doubt the cycling geeks will be able to advise on best purchases. I hope you get one. Have fun, be fast and be safe.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Hey All,

Massive well done from me to everybody who took part and have raised a fantastic total for REMF.

I will step up to the plate and organise again next year, and I am already thinking (inspired by the boys who started at the Amex this year) that we will offer a few alternative rides so more people from varying abilities can join in.

Huge thanks from me to Gareth who has done a simply outstanding effort on the fundraising, and to the famous Brett Mendoza who stepped in at the last minute to do the final bits of preparation when I was unable.

Once again, congratulations to everybody who took part.

James

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here