Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Palace to Amex bike ride - 29th September - PLEASE SUPPORT THE TEAM

This is what we have achieved together in the name of Robert Eaton...
Good work from REMF.

But ... and I know I'm treading on thin ice here ... is it not possible the tidy up the way the charity refers to its beneficiaries?

Words and phrases such as "handicapped", "special needs people", "underprivileged", etc really have no place in the world in which disability organisations function today.

http://odi.dwp.gov.uk/inclusive-communications/representation/language.php

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Should do it in 3 hours at a 17mph average! Depart at 6am sharp if you want to make a 9am start in Croydon!!! Can you forward on the emails I sent to you with the route please.

That's the spirit Bold!

Take it you'll be joining us then? :)

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Good work from REMF.

But ... and I know I'm treading on thin ice here ... is it not possible the tidy up the way the charity refers to its beneficiaries?

Words and phrases such as "handicapped", "special needs people", "underprivileged", etc really have no place in the world in which disability organisations function today.

http://odi.dwp.gov.uk/inclusive-communications/representation/language.php

Agree with the first 2 Ed, but "under privileged" refers to orphans in the Third World, e.g. Mali, Burkina Faso, who had very little. I would always use "disabled". Mind you, those are still an improvement to what was used a few years ago.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

OK then people with only 2 weekends to go please dig as deep as you can and sponsor the team taking part in the bike ride.

Some of the very keen members of the team are even riding from Brighton to Selhurst and then back again (almost 110 miles) so surely this monumental effort is worth a few quid of sponsorship?

Follow the links in my signature to the JustGiving team.

Thanks

James

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have they got lost?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not at all! Brilliant day and there will be some fantastic personal achievements.

Er, and we may have taken the odd wrong turn.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not at all! Brilliant day and there will be some fantastic personal achievements.

Er, and we may have taken the odd wrong turn.
Will any photos be making an appearance?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Have they got lost?

Several times, Stat, several times. It was a really tough ride - those of us that did it both days had over 7000 feet of climbing over 102 miles. We had to stop often, which brought the speed right down - punctures, mechanicals, and helping out less confident and experienced riders.

Great fun though - really good company from both the Albion and Palace side, and lovely weather throughout.

Some had still not arrived when we left the stadium - it was a really tough challenge for those who haven't done a lot of cycling before.

So, everyone is even more deserving of sponsorship - anyone else who would like to add to our total would be very welcome to! :smile:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I enjoyed that ride although I suspect I won't in the morning.

I feel sorry for the Palace fan who turned left at Ditchling and ended up in Westmeston!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I enjoyed that ride although I suspect I won't in the morning.

I feel sorry for the Palace fan who turned left at Ditchling and ended up in Westmeston!

Well, that's only a couple of miles out of the way. If he'd kept going he could have avoided Ditchling Beacon.

I hate Ditchling Beacon.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Beacon felt bad today. Real bad.

Hats off to Kev, Tony, Lesley and John in the support vehicles today. Unsung heroes.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I didn't get a chance to meet everyone, so can't give a mention to all. Great to meet (who is) The Judge, Mendoza and US.

Highlight of the day, Kev having 'you burn't down your town' blaring from his car stereo. :clap2:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That was incredibly tough but it was done. Well done the whole team. It is not too late to make a donation to a rider of your choice and help us get to to our £ 5000 target.

https://www.justgiving.com/teams/REMF2013BikeRide

Big kudos to you for getting it done. I know how tough it was, and how hard you were finding it.

Hopefully you will keep cycling - it's good for the body, the mind and the spirit.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Big kudos to you for getting it done. I know how tough it was, and how hard you were finding it.

Hopefully you will keep cycling - it's good for the body, the mind and the spirit.

Thanks. It was very tough and coming from no exercise for over 10 years to this was a challenge. I am just very proud of the whole team today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here