Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF bet - Barnes

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
My own personal jury is out on Barnes, but I'll add a few things...

1. In the 93rd minute, with the Albion needing a goal there's no one else currently on our books I'd rather the ball drop to in the box. To me, he has been proven to have a clinical finish, even under pressure. That he is Poyet's preferred penalty taker should tell you all you need to know on that score.

2. Every team seems to have a 'marmite' player. He is clearly ours right now.

3. It is rare for those who take delight in belittling a player repeatedly to ever compliment that player nomatter what good he does. At such times they'll remain quiet and await a future opportunity for them to remind everyone how shit that player is. This blinkered vision seems to be a typical trait of the anti-Barnes brigade so they can, as far as I'm concerned, just f*** right off.

Sir, as you only live down the road from me I will withdraw from this Barnes debate now that I see you have got a 'monk on' too,... I dont want you burning down my metaphoric barn or something,..... agree to disagree.... ( you are right, I dont find much about him to excite my footballing experience,... c'est la vie)

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Betting against this is surely a Win Win, if he doesnt score more than 17 (which I dont think he will) you win the bet, if he does score more than 17 we have one hell of a player.

*Just realised this covers all first team games, not just league games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My own personal jury is out on Barnes, but I'll add a few things...

1. In the 93rd minute, with the Albion needing a goal there's no one else currently on our books I'd rather the ball drop to in the box. To me, he has been proven to have a clinical finish, even under pressure. That he is Poyet's preferred penalty taker should tell you all you need to know on that score.

2. Every team seems to have a 'marmite' player. He is clearly ours right now.

3. It is rare for those who take delight in belittling a player repeatedly to ever compliment that player nomatter what good he does. At such times they'll remain quiet and await a future opportunity for them to remind everyone how shit that player is. This blinkered vision seems to be a typical trait of the anti-Barnes brigade so they can, as far as I'm concerned, just f*** right off.

Excellent post.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Its because we have enough footballing knowledge to see when we are carrying someone. He survived last season on the crest of that euphoric enthusiasm of 1st season at Amex, reputation from the previous season and the fact that we didnt buy anybody else good enough. We can see he isnt good enough, scoring 8 league goals from 36 league appearances ( pens deducted) isnt good, but more telling was the number of times he failed to control, the number of times he had a moody outburst, the number of times he missed good chances........ he will be bench at best to start the season, and he will moan and be shifted out on loan by January...... sorry but that is the real story, not the views driven by some misplaced loyalty or consideration for his age.

One of the most stupid posts I have ever seen on NSC despite some quite exceptional competition

... "stupid..."...... because....?

I know it's only a meaningless friendly but

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its because we have enough footballing knowledge to see when we are carrying someone. He survived last season on the crest of that euphoric enthusiasm of 1st season at Amex, reputation from the previous season and the fact that we didnt buy anybody else good enough. We can see he isnt good enough, scoring 8 league goals from 36 league appearances ( pens deducted) isnt good, but more telling was the number of times he failed to control, the number of times he had a moody outburst, the number of times he missed good chances........ he will be bench at best to start the season, and he will moan and be shifted out on loan by January...... sorry but that is the real story, not the views driven by some misplaced loyalty or consideration for his age.

Footballing knowledge? hahahahahahaha

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

This can't be quoted enough! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'll happily take this bet,

Barnes WILL NOT score 17 league goals next season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like the Ashley Barnes lacks first touch argument will be going out the window based on the 2 games I have just seen....

Also I think Vicente only took it as Federici saved Barnes last season, and Vicentes wasn't that great

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Can we have this moved to the main bored looks like a certain Poster owes £20 to REMF.

[MENTION=18246]OSRGull[/MENTION] [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here