Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 10 - Auction - 2 tickets for Falmer Hospitality - Bid here

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
GG what time do you want us down at Lewes? I am away till the 26th from today so wont have access to mail...if anything changes with the arrangements can you text me please.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can I chip in with some support for putting this on ebay. I know a few supporters of championship teams who will certainly put in a bid to use this package when we play their respective teams.

If my understanding of what this package comprises is correct this is a bloody good item, which I know holds value outside of the confines of these pages...so stick it on ebay to maximise your bids...and ultimately the money for REMF.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have tried to keep my cool this year and will continue to do so and not get involved in any binfests so please can we desist any overwhelming desires we may have to start a binfest. Thanks.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
NSC in pedant pop at Gareth shock.

I think it was pretty clear in his summary...

NOT to begin with.

Still dont see why it isnt on Ebay and thats NOT having a pop its about MAXIMISING exposure.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can I chip in with some support for putting this on ebay. I know a few supporters of championship teams who will certainly put in a bid to use this package when we play their respective teams.

If my understanding of what this package comprises is correct this is a bloody good item, which I know holds value outside of the confines of these pages...so stick it on ebay to maximise your bids...and ultimately the money for REMF.

Good idea. I will try and do this although I haven't got a clue where to start.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
GG what time do you want us down at Lewes? I am away till the 26th from today so wont have access to mail...if anything changes with the arrangements can you text me please.

6.30 pm Dave. is that ok ?. Thanks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
6.30 pm Dave. is that ok ?. Thanks.

yes that should be fine...can the goatee one write me a bit about robert that I can read out before the minutes silence as last year, the wind kept blowing my bloody speech away and I had to wing it!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Will do Dave.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

More rocket science: 1 Google search and 2 clicks - eBay UK - eBay for Charity

But, look, you've now started selling it on here so you need to consider your bidder (or at least the current highest bidder) on here.

Also, if you move the auction to eBay (which must be the best for the charity) can I suggest a little time is taken to make the auction eye-grabbing, unambiguous and details all the finer minutiae of the lot.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

As the current highest bidder (an optimistic but clearly miserable £280)... I fully support the idea of moving this to eBay.

Why not ask the club to do it... like they did with the shirts? and make it clear that they are donating the sale price to REMF ??

and as Bozza said... make sure the auction is eye-grabbing, unambiguous and details the whole PACKAGE... imho it should sell for AT LEAST £500... and hopefully much more if it attracts the right audience!

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good points Bozza. To be fair it has been on here for 24 hours with 3 weeks to go and its got £ 280. Can someone delegate themselves to help me do this on ebay ?. Thanks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good points Bozza. To be fair it has been on here for 24 hours with 3 weeks to go and its got £ 280. Can someone delegate themselves to help me do this on ebay ?. Thanks.

What help do you need, or do you actually mean "can someone else do it"?

Given eBay waive fees etc for charity auctions, I suspect it will need to be someone within an official capacity at the charity, but I'm sure clicking the link I posted above and a few minutes reading will reveal all. eBay is a piece of piss to use - it's unlikely to be too much of a challenge.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What help do you need, or do you actually mean "can someone else do it"?

Given eBay waive fees etc for charity auctions, I suspect it will need to be someone within an official capacity at the charity, but I'm sure clicking the link I posted above and a few minutes reading will reveal all. eBay is a piece of piss to use - it's unlikely to be too much of a challenge.

No, I do not mean " can someone else do it " as if I can't be bothered but I am computer illiterate so need someones help. I also have quite a few other things to arrange for REMF 10 so if someone can assist me it would be great. I will check the link and see if I can do it but have never set up an e bay page before. I am off for a walk.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gareth, could I suggest getting a dedicated person(s) to do all technological stuff with precise instructions rather than a scattergun approach. I assume REMF has an email address which will be needed to sign up for eBay. Get the person who controls the website to stick on the eBay site and perhaps a twitter feed to boot. For this and for future auctions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here