Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remaining numbers of Liverpool tickets

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Midweek, on tv and it's still a sellout. Obviously it's against a huge team, but still, we could really do with the capacity being upped before next season... especially if we go up :bounce:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I will be still be slightly surprised if family stand has sold out.
I suspect this will be the only area of the ground not completely sold out. Even there, you will only see a handful of seat "pairs" knocking around. Incidentally I'm sure there will be scattered singles going unused elsewhere in the ground, but they will mostly be seats paid for but going unused on the day.

My estimate for the total gate is 21,800, around 700 short of capacity, which is a sell out, to all intents and purposes.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reckon there were at least a hundred still queuing when the sold signs went up at the Amex.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I sympathise with everybody who wants a ticket and can't get one. I hope it'll be some consolation that I seriously, seriously doubt there will be 1000 empty seats, in the family stand or anywhere else, on the night, and that you'll be able to see it on telly.

However, we haven't had queues round the ground for Gillingham or even Sunderland, have we? There will always be more people wanting tickets for the biggest games than there are tickets available. Anybody who had been to enough of the other games to gather 60 points had a reasonable shout of a ticket, and season ticket holders are looked after. Yes, it's a bit of a closed shop (or at least a closing shop), but it's a closed shop full of loyal supporters. I can't quite see what else the club is supposed to do.

One thing they should do though, is warn people if there are only 900-odd tickets left for example, so they don't travel to the stadium and spend two or three hours in a queue that they have no hope of ever reaching the front of.

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
I already have my ticket for this game but for the Palarse game they said sold out but then they released another 100 or something later on that day. Wonder if they will do that with this game.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
My god that was stressful earlier this morning! I think I now have RSI from all the clicking!

I clicked from 8:35 constantly til 9:45 and eventually got on. Then booked what looked like the last seat in the North stand. Pretty good position though, half way back behind the goal.

OMG I cannot wait!!

Hard luck to all that didn't get a ticket. It was a complete lottery this morning. At least it's on TV.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have a question for those of us that were lucky enough to get a ticket online - I don't have a smart card and I purchased previous tickets at the AMEX. Will they post out paper tickets or do I need to go and collect ? Can I collect at anytime or do I have to wait until match day ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I have a question for those of us that were lucky enough to get a ticket online - I don't have a smart card and I purchased previous tickets at the AMEX. Will they post out paper tickets or do I need to go and collect ? Can I collect at anytime or do I have to wait until match day ?

They post. I don't know if they are getting quicker at it because my Gills tickets, despite being bought 3 weeks earlier, turned up on the day of the game. I'd already panicked by then and got replacements the day before at the Amex (very easily).

[I then took the originals to the game which didn't work at the scanner :facepalm:]

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire

They should be posted to you.

HOWEVER..........

the three previous times I've been to Amex the tickets haven't turned up. If you get to match day and they haven't turned up, ring customer enquiries and they'll get duplicates printed out and you can pick them up before kick-off.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
pretty pissed of as been on sense about 8.45 and couldn't get on the site at all, now just got in and all tickets are gone.

Sooner this ground expands the better

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
They post. I don't know if they are getting quicker at it because my Gills tickets, despite being bought 3 weeks earlier, turned up on the day of the game. I'd already panicked by then and got replacements the day before at the Amex (very easily).

[I then took the originals to the game which didn't work at the scanner :facepalm:]

I booked my Palarse and Leeds tickets on a monday and received them by wednesday, Was impressed at how quick that was.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
One thing they should do though, is warn people if there are only 900-odd tickets left for example, so they don't travel to the stadium and spend two or three hours in a queue that they have no hope of ever reaching the front of.

There should be a live counter of tickets remaining on the website. Crank up the tension as you desperately try to connect online or are waiting for the 17 people in front of you on the phone to go

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Travelled from HH to the Amex this morning as online would not allow me to purchase additional ticket. Already have mine ( ST ), wanted to get one for the lad who is junior seagull etc. Was told they were sold out. Still queued. Informed them that I had been trying to buy online for lad. They said it should allow me to do it. It didn't. It's OK though because they said sorry. Ahhhh that's OK then.... feel much better now.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
THIS.

Yeah, I agree with you. The points will take time to settle down; its still early days. If you had a 30 point cut-off then a closed-shop is really being created, the one that some people are moaning about

Of course 60 points wasn't that hard, Gillingham and Sunderland would net someone 40 straight off, and neither of those games sold out, add Peterborough and Leeds and that's another 20 points and those games both took 2 or 3 days to sell out once on general sale. So that's 60 points that anyone could have got if they wanted.

True, but not anyone...Me I was working for Gillingham, Sunderland, and on Holiday for Donny. Got to Blackpool, Peterborough and have tickets for Palace. I have Childcare issues for the Liverpool game so couldn't go there anyway and the only game that I could have gone to and didn't is Leeds. Thats coz I cant afford 2 matches in the space of 3 days at the end of the month.

So I got 30 points. I want to go to Hull and West Ham games, so I hope they don't put a loyalty limit on them.
With my Mrs and I working opposite shifts I can't really free up any time to go to away games, although I always loved going away. Its a shame but when you juggle family life, work and cash it get so bloody hard to do anything.

But yeah, I get your point. I just hope the club leave oppotunities for all to get tickets to most games. Even if you miss out, at least you had a chance. Then maybe those that haven't been to any matches say by Christmas then can't buy for the 2nd half of the saeson.

However they do it, I just hope its fair and gives us all a chance.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
True, but not anyone...Me I was working for Gillingham, Sunderland, and on Holiday for Donny. Got to Blackpool, Peterborough and have tickets for Palace. I have Childcare issues for the Liverpool game so couldn't go there anyway and the only game that I could have gone to and didn't is Leeds. Thats coz I cant afford 2 matches in the space of 3 days at the end of the month.

So I got 30 points. I want to go to Hull and West Ham games, so I hope they don't put a loyalty limit on them.
With my Mrs and I working opposite shifts I can't really free up any time to go to away games, although I always loved going away. Its a shame but when you juggle family life, work and cash it get so bloody hard to do anything.

But yeah, I get your point. I just hope the club leave oppotunities for all to get tickets to most games. Even if you miss out, at least you had a chance. Then maybe those that haven't been to any matches say by Christmas then can't buy for the 2nd half of the saeson.

Yeah, I was more referring to those people who say that the games sell out before they had a chance to get a ticket, and therefore how can they get 60 points.

I don't think I can do West Ham, if there's loyalty point issues PM me :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I'm not sure I understand, you have been to 2 games this year, and got tickets for 1 more, out of a total of 8 possibles, so what kind of priority do you want ?

I think the system works fine really, maybe they could have had a window for those with 40 points or more, but logistically seems pointless to keep breaking it down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here