Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegation battle now on.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
adams WAS an average manager. he is NOW a poor manager. of course its a relegation battle... have a look at the table, it never lies

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
:shootself: Name me one better available manager? Maybe it's our thousands of negative booing fans, creating no form of atmosphere or encouragment for the players.
Hang on... at full time, there weren't even thousands of people booing. There was some booing, it would've been a hell of a lot louder if it was thousands. The atmosphere was not negative really, in the first half it was ok (for Withdean) because the performance was. In the second half it wasn't so much but it wasn't exactly negative, people weren't on the team's back. Even if they were the fact is that it is not the crowd who are responsible for the team's performances. To suggest we are 4 points from the relegation zone because of the crowd is blatant and complete nonsense.

How long are you going to blame them for though? We're still getting the same crowds as we got at the Goldstone. I know we wouldn't have a time consuming and costly battle for Falmer if it weren't for them, but in reality they're not affecting the football side of things anymore.

What was the club's last annual operating loss then?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How long are you going to blame them for though? We're still getting the same crowds as we got at the Goldstone. I know we wouldn't have a time consuming and costly battle for Falmer if it weren't for them, but in reality they're not affecting the football side of things anymore.

What a ridiculous statement. What they did robbed us of valuable money which could be being spent on players and not repaying legal costs. The size of the crowd is pure guesswork as to whether it would have been better or not nobody does or can know but we do knoew we do not have the money to strengthen as we would wish.

With money we may well have been able to stay in the Championship last time and by now could be nearing the top of the Championship. Unfortunately that is an unknown that we will never know but we can still blame them with some confidence.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
O Lads says PATIENCE -- Its approximately 11 years that Knight became Chairman and we are now in the relegation area of DIV 1.
Its not Adams or any other recent manager, including Wilkins who we can completely blame,they all had the same handicap,lack of cash from a board limited in not only cash but ideas.
Nothing is going to change whilst the same bunch remain in charge, and they will because so many supporters constantly state, its early things will improve,Im sure we will make the play offs,stop moaning!!!!!!!.This only encourages them not to go out and find people with unlimited finances,even QPR face a very bright future,Peterborough also are on the up.
This action should have been taken when we were in the Championship, it will be more difficult in our present position but it is the only hope we have.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
O Lads says PATIENCE -- Its approximately 11 years that Knight became Chairman and we are now in the relegation area of DIV 1.
Its not Adams or any other recent manager, including Wilkins who we can completely blame,they all had the same handicap,lack of cash from a board limited in not only cash but ideas.
Nothing is going to change whilst the same bunch remain in charge, and they will because so many supporters constantly state, its early things will improve,Im sure we will make the play offs,stop moaning!!!!!!!.This only encourages them not to go out and find people with unlimited finances,even QPR face a very bright future,Peterborough also are on the up.
This action should have been taken when we were in the Championship, it will be more difficult in our present position but it is the only hope we have.

Yes and in that 11 years, we are still further ahead than we were when Knight took over. Oh, and by the way, in case you weren't paying attention, we have planning permission for a new stadium too. Good isn't it?

And how the f*** do you know that they aren't out searching for investors every single day? You make it sound like they don't want to the club to be successful. Why do you think Knight is so trigger happy with the managers, because he wants success!! But he's human, and he has made mistakes like everybody else does. I personally don't think bringing back Adams was a mistake, and I think it time that will be proved, but my god, get some sense of perspective.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Funny how Wilkins is having the last laugh. That 7th place (nearest the table's ever come to lying) is being used as a stick to beat Adams with. We'll never know for sure, but it's a fairly safe bet that we wouldn't have finished on anything like the same number of points this season under Wilkins as we did last season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We'll never know for sure, but it's a fairly safe bet that we wouldn't have finished on anything like the same number of points this season under Wilkins as we did last season.
Why? Because you say so? ???

Personally I think we'd be having another season hovering around 6th or 7th place, with a settled side and players mostly playing in their correct positions and with a far smaller playing budget.

But I wouldn't be arrogant enough to suggest it was "a safe bet". :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why? Because you say so? ???

Personally I think we'd be having another season hovering around 6th or 7th place, with a settled side and players mostly playing in their correct positions and with a far smaller playing budget.

But I wouldn't be arrogant enough to suggest it was "a safe bet". :)

What he said.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What i'd like to see is the League1 table this time last year and see how many of the bottom 10 clubs stayed there & which ones were in a relegation battle at the end of the season....then compare it to todays table.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My slight nervousness is that after around 15 games, the goal difference tends to be a pretty good indicator of a how a team is doing and where their "real" place in the table should be.

We're about where our goal differences suggests we should be. I thought we were unlucky on Saturday, but it's time to get a grip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here