Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegation battle now on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No good keep going on about how good our team is,we are seriously struggling and have a poor manager in charge.Except for Crewe, all the teams down there have taken points off us.Something isn't going right and it can only come down to the manager.Things have to improve very very soon or Adams should be fired along with Booker and White.

Crewe,Hereford and Cheltenham will be relegated but that leaves one more slot.Are we better then Orient or Yeovil? Tough call.We Mght have a better team but they probably have a better manager.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dario Gradi back in temporary charge at Gresty Road , so they could improve with a new gaffer.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Dario Gradi back in temporary charge at Gresty Road , so they could improve with a new gaffer.

didn't exactly get off to the best of starts today, and their famous youth system doesnt seem to have provided anyone for them this season who can keep them up. i do agree though, crewe with gradi in charge are a far bigger threat than they were

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Something isn't going right and it can only come down to the manager.

:shootself: Name me one better available manager? Maybe it's our thousands of negative booing fans, creating no form of atmosphere or encouragment for the players.

There's only so much you can pin on the manager, and looking at signings and team selection, I can't really fault Adams too much.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
If only Knight had not uttered that statement that Adams was going to take the club forward - Statements like that always come back to haunt.

Were in f***ing November! He didn't say 'instant success within a few months is on the cards' did he? I'm fairly sure he did ask for patience and time given for Adams to turn it around.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
:shootself: Name me one better available manager? Maybe it's our thousands of negative booing fans, creating no form of atmosphere or encouragment for the players.

There's only so much you can pin on the manager, and looking at signings and team selection, I can't really fault Adams too much.
f*** sake not that common remark again.
Better manager?????

Holloway
Boothroyd.

Happy now:censored:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Were in f***ing November! He didn't say 'instant success within a few months is on the cards' did he? I'm fairly sure he did ask for patience and time given for Adams to turn it around.
Get off your arse and go along and watch the shit football being served up.

Patience? We are in a relagation scrap for christ sake.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Never should have given Adams a 3 year deal.Knight should have been a lot more carefull after giving Wilkins 3 years.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
oh if we get rid of adams we WILL go down says harty... is this man deluded? We are in the position we are in BECAUSE of Adams... who else is to blaime?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would agree with Harty because the only immediate option if MA was to go is White Booker and Hinshlewood until they appointeda new manager. We could neither afford nor want Holloway or Boothroyd.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Nah. Your wrong.When Watford went up they played lovely passing football.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't agree with you Algie when you call Adams a 'shit manager', he is a successfull manager with promotions for Fulham, Brighton and Leicester (to the prem), but I do agree that we should set our sights a little lower now and dig in for a fight at the bottom of the league.

I think we were all expecting more from this season, and with luck we'll turn things around and become a difficult team to beat, but I think we have got to remember that it does take time to build a team, because at the moment we are playing like a team of strangers.

Chins up everyone, we'll be alright if we stick together.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
TURN WHAT ROUND!!

We were heading in the right direction in May, now we have a scrap to stay in the third tier of football on our hands.

Nothing needed turning round, but Adams has turned us around from a promotion chasing outfit to a side with the threat of relagation over us.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I don't agree with you Algie when you call Adams a 'shit manager', he is a successfull manager with promotions for Fulham, Brighton and Leicester (to the prem)
He only got Fulham and Brighton promoted, because he had huge budgets, and a good number of contacts.

Am i right in saying is was Dave Bassett who got Leicester promoted.

But this was all a long time ago. What the f*** has he done in the past 5 years to warrent replacing a manger who lead us to 7th and looked like taking us further.

Is very easy to say get over it, but you won't be saying that in May, when we will be facing a trip to Burton Albion or Crawley if they get promoted.

Micky Adams WAS truely a Brighton legend, but he is not the manager people think he is (unless you think hes overrated and crap)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here