Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relaxing Dress Code

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not every adult wants to dress in a replica football shirt though!

not every football fan wants to wear a shirt and trousers to the football.

seems the point is that you can have a dress code that allows club colours. its already stuck me as very odd that you would ban one of the club's main merchandise from an area of the club.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I do obviously believe you, and this is really so unbelievable!!! and really is absolutly f***ing madness!!! its a football stadium FFS!!

Probably one of the only posts ever that has actually made me angry reading it!! .............i am truly lost for words!!

And if anyone wants to do the rules are rules, fine, but the rule is stupid in the first place in my opinion!!!

This - I can understand it if they were a pair of old tatty shit trainers but come on????? That is proper jobs worth stuff!!!

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Mind you I remember seeing loads of skins on the chicken run in socks or boots with no laces

They where lucky then, I can remember at least one game where we had to leave boots against the fence at the back of the north stand, and collect them after the game.
I ended up with 1 left foot hi leg boot and 1 right foot normal boot often wondered who got the other 2

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
They where lucky then, I can remember at least one game where we had to leave boots against the fence at the back of the north stand, and collect them after the game.
I ended up with 1 left foot hi leg boot and 1 right foot normal boot often wondered who got the other 2

Jimmy Cricket by the sounds of it bro! x

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Luckily, the club has set aside a large proportion of the stadium for these people.

ah, but those areas dont exclude those wearing shirt and trousers. an exception for club's colours would make sence.

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
Last season I took a mate (luckily not a client) to an evening game,my mate who is usually a scruffy bastard had made a proper effort,wearing shoes,strides,jumper and jacket.
As we got to the doors of the profile lounge my mate was told that he could not come in as he did not have a shirt collar, my mate said, how would you have known if I had not just unzipped my jacket ? The jobs worth steward said he wouldn't have. Problem solved I said, just do your bloody jacket back up ! but mr jobs worth said that now he knew about this major dress code infringement he could not possibly allow it.
After several minutes of shall we say heated discussion it was clear that our jobs worth friend was having none of it and the only solution was to trek down to the club shop and buy a £20.00 polo shirt to put under my mates jumper.
I know that the 1901 club rules are there for a reason but ffs to enforce them to this extent is in my opinion extreme to say the least, needless to say my (scruffy) mate, who is a long standing fan back to the 70's no longer wants me to let him know if I have a spare ticket in the 1901, he would rather sit with the peasants where he belongs! (his words, not mine).
As has been said many times before, I think the club got it wrong with their expectations of the type of fan they would be getting in the lounges.
I would say that at least 80% of the profile lounge customers are genuine hard working,long standing Albion fans who do not need to be told how to dress appropriately for a football match.
So in answer to the OP, yes dress codes should be relaxed.

Seagull16

Sep 28, 2011
Last season I took a mate (luckily not a client) to an evening game,my mate who is usually a scruffy bastard had made a proper effort,wearing shoes,strides,jumper and jacket.
As we got to the doors of the profile lounge my mate was told that he could not come in as he did not have a shirt collar, my mate said, how would you have known if I had not just unzipped my jacket ? The jobs worth steward said he wouldn't have. Problem solved I said, just do your bloody jacket back up ! but mr jobs worth said that now he knew about this major dress code infringement he could not possibly allow it.
After several minutes of shall we say heated discussion it was clear that our jobs worth friend was having none of it and the only solution was to trek down to the club shop and buy a £20.00 polo shirt to put under my mates jumper.
I know that the 1901 club rules are there for a reason but ffs to enforce them to this extent is in my opinion extreme to say the least, needless to say my (scruffy) mate, who is a long standing fan back to the 70's no longer wants me to let him know if I have a spare ticket in the 1901, he would rather sit with the peasants where he belongs! (his words, not mine).
As has been said many times before, I think the club got it wrong with their expectations of the type of fan they would be getting in the lounges.
I would say that at least 80% of the profile lounge customers are genuine hard working,long standing Albion fans who do not need to be told how to dress appropriately for a football match.
Wow.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I got in ok

15016-800w.jpg

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
They looked into a cupboard to see if there we any old 'acceptable' shoes knocking about but there were none. So it was either we went home or she took her shoes off. So off they came and then into the lounge and out to our seats in her stockings. AND I promise you her 'trainers' were really smart and a lot better than loads of other footwear in the place. It was her first time and still they wouldn't relent and let her in. Crazy and short-sighted.

Poor little sole.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So if she stepped on broken glass then - or some fat git steps on her toes - or drops a pint on her feet - what would they do then?

Probably ask you to point her to the best ambulance chasing solicitor?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If you actually look at the dress code wording it does not actually say you have to have a collar though.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
My son couldn't make the match last night so I took my wife. She's not into football but I thought she might like the atmosphere etc. However, she was refused entry to the 1901 club because she was wearing trainers (very smart pinky jobs they were) No matter how I pleaded they wouldn't let her go in unless she took them off and walked in her stockened feet. How ridiculous is all that.

insane!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here