Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reiss Nelson

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I read that more as "if he's not signing a new contract we should sell him while we can" rather than "not good enough - get rid".

To be clear, I've not seen him play and have no idea if he's good enough or not.

I get that with the Arsenal fan.

The ‘not good enough’ bit comes from me really.

Only 2 EPL appearances last season together with his showreels indicate (to me) his passing and shooting are average for the Premier League (although he has many other terrific attributes). I think Potter is looking at passing and movement in a signing and I’m looking at goal scoring ability, he does not convince, his showreel goals mostly rely on luck or poor defending. You don’t get those luxuries playing for the Albion in the Premier League.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seeing as Arsenal have spent all their spare cash on White, I wouldn't be surprised if Nelson is part of any offer for Bissouma. ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would they just not have done that with the White deal? That makes no sense.
Maybe when the White deal was formulated Arsenal didn't know that Nelson was unlikely to sign a new deal ? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rumours were they had a £250m war chest.
I thought they were skint and had to make redundancies not too long ago ?

Maybe the 'war chest' should have been reduced to £249 million instead ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought they were skint and had to make redundancies not too long ago ?

Maybe the 'war chest' should have been reduced to £249 million instead ???

Stan is buying harmony among the fans.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Exactly. A separate deal would have made no financial sense.

Depends, Arsenal may not have been able to agree a valuation for Reiss so why hold up the White deal. If we had been insistent on Reiss then we might not have got £50m plus add ons for White. Also the White deal involves Newport and Peterborough.

We'll probably get him cheaper if they think we'll walk away and look elsewhere.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If we're somehow able to get him cheap because his contract is running out, or its a loan deal then maybe we go for him. But generally I think we can do better.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
When you think about it, it does make sense that we wouldn’t be after Reiss. It’s not exactly an area we’re struggling with, and we have our own talent coming through on their own paths with potential of their own (Khadra, Taylor Richards come to mind).

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Can see Nelson ending up at Palace.

Khadra will likely replace Ali J in our squad this year, but would still like us to sign an additional player though. Someone who can play on either side, Jordan Larsson would be ideal.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Exactly. A separate deal would have made no financial sense.

Don't we have some form though for doing an in and out with another club where the deals, at least from the outside do not seem linked? I am thinking recent example being Mwepu and Bernardo moves, didn't seem that one was dependent or related particularly to the other, or am I being naive?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here