While he was on SCR with Hawsey.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he wont play again then:nono:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Reid out on loan to someone by the end of the week then.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Sorry to bounce this, but i thought this was the most pertinent thing about Saturday (given that I was not at the game). I'm sure that this has been covered in other threads, but rather than trawl them all to check...

Reid sounded incredibly down in the dumps. He was very much behind the team, but was clearly at a real low. The most interesting thing he said was that he felt his best position was in central midfield, a position that he has not played in this season(and I'm not 100% sure that's true as I thought he'd played a couple of games there). He also felt that playing out of position had pretty much ended his world cup hopes.

He seemed to indicate that the chopping and changing was not helping (of course, he was on the receiving end...) and I have to agree as I thought we played really well against Watford, a top side in this division and McGhee's response was to drop Hammond and bring back Carpenter, whom most of us agree is off the pace and not the player he has been.

Hammond has had his critics, but surely he's done enough to keep his place in a vital relegation match. He certainly gets stuck in and gets forward too.

McGhee got it wrong again on Saturday and sadly, one of his senior pro's seemed to agree. I hope that his comments do not effect his chances of playing as he really seemed to care and I certainly think he should be in the squad come Saturday.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I suspect only Reid thinks his best position is central midfield. I understood him to say his best chance for the Australian World Cup squad was in central midfield - that's why he wanted that position.

Much ado about nothing.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
MM is f*cking clueless.

Reid has played left back half the season, totally out of position and you don't hear a peep out of him.

He then plays in his favoured position, does ok and gets dropped.
No wonder the fella is pissed off.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This is a storm in a f***ing teacup

Reid did not SLATE McGhee, just was speaking personally about his disappointment about being dropped and moved about

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He must be somewhat peeved, given that Carpenter, Hammond, Oatway, Mayo and even Knight have played in that position ahead of him that season and now he has been left out of the squad altogether, despite trying really hard at left back, right back and right midfield when he has clearly been out of position and uncomfortable at times.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
burrish gull said:
Reid just basically said Mcghee has ballsed up by changing the team AGAIN and dropping him. I can't believe Mcghee will still be in charge next saturday.

And the pro Mcghee crown say dressing room spirit is fine

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
i'd be more worried if he should no sign of being disappointed to be dropped and being played out of position

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
blockhseagull said:

Reid did not SLATE McGhee, just was speaking personally about his disappointment about being dropped and moved about

I certainly didn't accuse him of slating Mcghee, but he did imply he was suprised about the changes, that it does not help matters and a bit down in the dumps at the opportunity to play in his favoured position.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He is apparently ill now ??

Makes you wonder though doesn't it ?

Don't blame him for being bit pissed off... i think it is McGhee's chopping and changing that has us in this position, Reid and OGH being the main victims.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
AMelbourneAlbionSupporter said:
He'd better start scouting the A-league clubs here :nono:

Hmm. I'm not sure that's a good idea Matt, given the standard of football I saw at South Melbourne a few years ago. How is the new Melbourne team performing. Are the Greeks and the Croats getting along?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Reid is a central midfielder first and formost. At a push right midfield.

Left back - nope.

I like Reid one of the unsung heroes in my opinion.

Jimmy Saville said:
Hmm. I'm not sure that's a good idea Matt, given the standard of football I saw at South Melbourne a few years ago. How is the new Melbourne team performing. Are the Greeks and the Croats getting along?

Hey ya champ, hope the renos going well :D

The A-League is a notch above the old NSL IMHO, so I am not sure where you would place it compared to the Championship.

Sth Yarra has been to more Melbourne games than I have, and the guys in Sydeny or Brissy or Perth would be better place to comment too.

The crowds are very cosmopolitan, which is good. But as you know the locals (i.e. those from Anglo descent) are the ones who don't like football (soccer) here, so they are the key success of football here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
blockhseagull said:

That was how I heard it and took it no more no less.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
blockhseagull said:

This is true, it's not a storm at all. The thread is very relevant all the same. You've got to question McGhees man management skills once again. Why did he drop a player who has played well this season outside of his preffered position, when we have looked weak recently in, you've guessed it, his preffered position

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Billy the Fish said:
This is true, it's not a storm at all. The thread is very relevant all the same. You've got to question McGhees man management skills once again. Why did he drop a player who has played well this season outside of his preffered position, when we have looked weak recently in, you've guessed it, his preffered position

Because McGhee wanted to try something else ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here