Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reid slates Mcghee

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
blockhseagull said:
Because McGhee wanted to try something else ??
Yes. He's been trying something else all season and most of the time it doesn't work. Playing players in their proper positions is the only thing he hasn't tried. Admittedly Kerry did ok in midfield against southampton, but we lost that game and we lost on saturday so can it really be considered a success? reid has a right to be pissed off, surely if Mayo can get a game there he at least deserves a chance.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Billy the Fish said:
Yes. He's been trying something else all season and most of the time it doesn't work. Playing players in their proper positions is the only thing he hasn't tried. Admittedly Kerry did ok in midfield against southampton, but we lost that game and we lost on saturday so can it really be considered a success? reid has a right to be pissed off, surely if Mayo can get a game there he at least deserves a chance.

It sounded like Kerry had a good game there on Saturday (and against Southampton), but i thought he was anonymous against Watford. I was amazed that Hammond was dropped and Mayo kept his place, but that sums up McGhee.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
You can talk about these issues until your blue in the face but i'm convinced that McClown has no idea what his best 11 is...

His constant chopping and changing has led to at times a total lack of cohesion amongst the team and cost valuable points.

The bottom line is that we will be playing League 1 football next season and I wouldn't be surprised to see McClown walk at the end of the season when he takes us down

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
KinkyNormanBaker said:
What Reid said is the closest thing you will get for a player to critise a manager in public.

Exactly but said in such a way that we wont get the Magoo in cretins going 'oh hes spat the dummy etc etc'

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
brightonfan_86 said:
I feel so sorry Reidy. Magoo has blown Reidy chances of being in the Aussies World Cup squad. :(

I'm not that sure he has.

Do we know how close he was to getting some kind of nod, or is it just a bit of 'Argus talk' reminicent of the way they used to constantly say Nathan Jones was close to a Wales place which was just utter drivel !

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
KinkyNormanBaker said:
What Reid said is the closest thing you will get for a player to critise a manager in public.

Did you miss the McCammon phone call, Leon Knights outburst and Flo storming out of the ground then ?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Jimmy Saville said:
It sounded like Kerry had a good game there on Saturday (and against Southampton), but i thought he was anonymous against Watford. I was amazed that Hammond was dropped and Mayo kept his place, but that sums up McGhee.

Mayo's best position is left sided central midfielder. His performance against Scumhampton reminded me of the Gillingham days when he used to be top scorer, and he was one of the only players on Satdi who wasn't totally awful. I also think Carpenter, Oatway and Nicolas are all capable of being our defensive midfielder. Hammond is an excellent attacking midfielder who for whatever reason has been well out of sorts, but Reid can also give us a bit of creativity in the middle.

The fact that we have at least 5 decent central midfielders makes me realise again that we do have the squad to stay in this division...

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Certainly unusual for a player to criticise the manager's selection policy in public. Seems to suggest support for McGhee in the squad is not what some like to think it might be.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Benny Zamora said:
makes me realise again that we do have the squad to stay in this division...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Exactly what I have been saying but not with the current man in charge .

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
blockhseagull said:
He is apparently ill now ??

Makes you wonder though doesn't it ?

Don't blame him for being bit pissed off... i think it is McGhee's chopping and changing that has us in this position, Reid and OGH being the main victims.

Sports Argus mentioned the illness on Saturday evening.

The problem is, that Mark McGhee has the same excuse in place, as would have existed when he joined the club.

That's either his fault, or it's the clubs', but wherever blame lies it does not work for the fans or for the players.

Something has to give, somewhere, you'd have to think.

Reid confident of survival
Wed 01 Mar, 6:08 PM from TEAMtalk

Midfielder Paul Reid is convinced the Brighton players have the experience needed to avoid relegation for a second successive season.

The Seagulls beat the drop on the final day of last season and find themselves five points adrift of safety ahead of this weekend's trip to Plymouth.

Reid believes the memory of last May's dramatic escape will ultimately help ease the club's current position with just 10 games left to play.

"Plenty of the lads have been in this position before," Reid said.

"The older players need to lead by example but the young lads need to show they are strong enough to compete as well.

"Mark McGhee (the manager) has been in this position before so it bodes well to keep spirits high in the dressing room. We need to stick together and start taking points."

Stumpy Tim

AMelbourneAlbionSupporter said:
The A-League is a notch above the old NSL IMHO, so I am not sure where you would place it compared to the Championship.

Sth Yarra has been to more Melbourne games than I have, and the guys in Sydeny or Brissy or Perth would be better place to comment too.

The crowds are very cosmopolitan, which is good. But as you know the locals (i.e. those from Anglo descent) are the ones who don't like football (soccer) here, so they are the key success of football here.

Got a ticket for Sunday's final :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Come on you Sydney :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here