Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Registered users only can view NSC

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Well done Bozza - I’m sure the vast majority of users enjoy accessing NSC to read and exchange info about the team we support. I confess to knowing very little about bots etc and am glad to have this forum maintained by those who do. Linked to a different theme on which you have also recently acted I confirm that I for one do not enjoy reading the constant moaning and negativity that pervades the forum regularly. I do not have a season ticket unfortunately(am on the waiting list) and live in the West Midlands but get to about a dozen games a year. I attended on Wednesday and whilst disappointed we were not more competitive enjoyed seeing the youngsters and SUPPORTING MY TEAM - that’s why I go and want to be part of NSC. I like the varied threads which are often full of humour and also fully appreciate the frustration of many when we have a bad run of results or performances. Good critical analysis is positive in my book - it’s the non-stop whining and complaining that I find annoying. I still favour the view that we are very fortunate to have a Chairman who is a real fan and has built on the previous good work to build an infrastructure we could only dream of for most of the past thirty years. Who knows? It may all still go pear-shaped but real fans support their club through thick and thin - yes we all moan a bit from time to time but if it becomes incessant then I’m not sure they are in the right place.

Bloom out now!

D

Deleted member 22389

I say keep it like this. The listings on Google will eventually drop off, because there will be nothing for Googlebot to spider anymore, if Bozza is bothered about that.
Secondly if anyone posts something that could land NSC in trouble, it won't make it to the search engines anymore.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• 7d2798d5f3aca8fd59bb3145783ef270.jpg
    7d2798d5f3aca8fd59bb3145783ef270.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 231

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Don’t know if there’s any connection at all, but I’m unable to load or view photos on NSC on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t know if there’s any connection at all, but I’m unable to load or view photos on NSC on my iPad.

That may've been around for a year or so. We have that issue on all iphones and ipads.

A sage here told me how to view other's stuff - right click on the webpage address bar at the very top of the screen and you should see "Request Desktop Site", click it.

That doesn't help me download photos to NSC, it usually fails.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I only look at NSC when I log in so I think it's a good move. The one thing that used to annoy me was the amount of views on profile pages. Why were there so many voyeurs?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
That may've been around for a year or so. We have that issue on all iphones and ipads.

A sage here told me how to view other's stuff - right click on the webpage address bar at the very top of the screen and you should see "Request Desktop Site", click it.

That doesn't help me download photos to NSC, it usually fails.

I was able to view and upload photo’s up until the last few days on my IPad.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The problem though surely is NSC becomes an inward looking talking shop, until this move from time to time things have been said that being a bit edgy have then been picked up by others outside NSC which in turn encouraged them to join and debate

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The problem though surely is NSC becomes an inward looking talking shop, until this move from time to time things have been said that being a bit edgy have then [I]been picked up by others outside NSC which in turn encouraged them to join and debate[/I]

That'll be our illiterate brethren from Souf London, I guess:shrug:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Is it the recent changes that mean I can no longer use the quick log-in function? If I try using this, it says I have entered an invalid user/password and used up one of my five lives.

Capture.JPG

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Is it the recent changes that mean I can no longer use the quick log-in function? If I try using this, it says I have entered an invalid user/password and used up one of my five lives.

View attachment 115745

20190929_144418.jpg

I get this.
I wait for NSC to load up, press Log In from the quick login function, without entering any other info.
You get the message saying 1 of 5 lives used up, then I enter username, password (which goes into *********), select save and then login as per.
It's the only way I know how to enter NSC.
As the quick login for password still shows my password, even though it should go to ********!!!.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

View attachment 115745

View attachment 115746

I get this.
I wait for NSC to load up, press Log In from the quick login function, without entering any other info.
You get the message saying 1 of 5 lives used up, then I enter username, password (which goes into *********), select save and then login as per.
It's the only way I know how to enter NSC.
As the quick login for password still shows my password, even though it should go to ********!!!.

Looks like this is a side-effect of Cloudflare (the software that is protecting NSC right now) as it was raised before by someone else: https://community.cloudflare.com/t/problem-with-input-login-in-my-forum-site/86679

As you can see, it didn't seem to be resolved back then.

My guess is it only happens to a few people - it doesn't happen to me for example - and I have no idea what links those it does happen to.

I absolutely can't turn Cloudflare off though as the size of the attack would mean NSC would soon go down again.

I'll look at it if I get a chance, but it's not top priority for me right now unfortunately.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

View attachment 115745
I've had that several times, even after I changed my password. Eventually it let me in, although I don't think I had entered anything different to the attempts that failed. I also had a message that I had used up six of my five lives!!!!

Tapatalk was also a problem as it it wouldn't load, but that resolved itself somehow (up to now) - no idea why or how though.

Using the "remember me" option may help.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I can still view it when I'm not logged in.

Registered users only can view NSC.png

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Maybe I'm showing my age, or just being dumb, but what do these 30,000 Chinese and Russian bots actually hope to achieve?

Bozza should hopefully know for sure, but it's likely they're trying to brute force their way into accounts here in the hope they can then find information they can use to break into more valuable accounts elsewhere on the internet.

vbulletin 4 is unfortunately a very old piece of code these days and from a security standpoint is a bit of a leaky sieve.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Looks like this is a side-effect of Cloudflare (the software that is protecting NSC right now) as it was raised before by someone else: https://community.cloudflare.com/t/problem-with-input-login-in-my-forum-site/86679

As you can see, it didn't seem to be resolved back then.

My guess is it only happens to a few people - it doesn't happen to me for example - and I have no idea what links those it does happen to.

I absolutely can't turn Cloudflare off though as the size of the attack would mean NSC would soon go down again.

I'll look at it if I get a chance, but it's not top priority for me right now unfortunately.

Cheers - no, not a priority at all, still easy to log in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here