Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refreshments at the Amex

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Very slow gettng served. Painful. We joined the queue in WSU 5 mins before half time and got served as the teams came back out. I know it's early doors, teething problems etc. But I do hope the staff can step up the pace.

Would be good to have a stand JUST serving drinks maybe.

And another comment about there being no clock. Be good to have the minutes on the big screen.

But hey ho, what a wonderful arena. Amazing.

I'm sure the snags and glitches will be ironed out and we will have some wonderful times and take home many memories out of our new abode.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
25 minutes to get served and it was not even that busy when we arrived. The staff were training though so some allowance has to be made. Food and drink offering very good.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just goes to show no matter how much progress we make people will always find things to f***ing moan about.

Not really. The whole point of the ramp-up events is to see what works well and what doesn't. If people don't point out the flaws, then the club won't know about them. Everyone here seems to be positive about the overall experience.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I went down a few minutes before half time in the North Stand and I eventually got a beer just as the players were coming back out.

You got served?

Jackpot!

robindurant

Robin
May 20, 2010
Sussex
Queue for a Burger - Withdean 5 mins Burgess Hill 5 mins, Amex 35 mins. Also can we have some shelves around the walls for our drinks, saves putting them on the ground to eat

Brighton_Barca

Bus stop wanker
Not really. The whole point of the ramp-up events is to see what works well and what doesn't. If people don't point out the flaws, then the club won't know about them. Everyone here seems to be positive about the overall experience.

A few things to factor in.

1) Not all stalls open due to not being a large crowd
2) Cash being used, but won't be for future games
3) More choice than Withdean, so people no doubt taking time to decide what they want

Once the smart card is used and all stalls are open and staff more familiarised i think it will improve. If not the club should worry about it then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A few things to factor in.

Sorry, gotta pick a few flaws in your things factored in

1) Not all stalls open due to not being a large crowd - Three times the crowd and three times the outlets will give almost the same result as today won't it?
2) Cash being used, but won't be for future games Wouldn't count on the switch to loaded cards taking place anytime soon
3) More choice than Withdean, so people no doubt taking time to decide what they want There's not that wide a choice and most people will have made up their minds by the time they get to the front of the queue

I think the key thing is speed. There will always be daft folks that miss half the game queueing for a burger. But more sane people will just vote with their feet and eat elsewhere. I would have happily spent a fiver a game on food at Withdean most games for ten years, but due to the stupidly long queues, I hardly ever did. The same applies at Falmer. I'll give them my £6.50 quite happily, but I won't queue for more than five minutes to give them it. Their loss.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
I know what Leon Knight is doing now - he's serving at the refreshment bar in the North Stand! We were in the shortest queue about 3 people back and it took 30 mins, being generous ,to be served.Every customer he mucked up and referred to his manager who eventually asked another manager to take over to clear the queues.We had moved over there as the queues looked considerably shorter than the WSL bars-bad mistake. Pies excellent and hot-Harveys are not part of any of the meal deals and that is why,as mentioned above, there was no button on till.Why is it not part of meal deal as it is the same price as Fosters and cheaper than Kronenburg which can be bought as part of meal deals? A few gliches but thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Amex. Where is the supporters bar?

Brighton_Barca

Bus stop wanker
You are assuming that 3 times the people will actually eat and drink at the ground. Not sure when the cards will get set up, but i thought it was meant to be the Spurs game. Not really a restaurant menu to choose from, but first time buying you're more likely to spend abit longer looking at the options.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Wembley is crap at many things, but they do at least have a nifty gadget that can pour up to 4 pints at a time, mind you judging by some of the comments on here that might be stretching some of the staff a bit......

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Both occasions I used the catering outlets in the WSU today, it wasn't overly slow. Couldn't fault the quality of the pies & coffee - Both were excellent. The pricing was expensive even by stadium standards though- £3.50 for a pie, £4.50 for a cheese burger & £1.80 for a thimble sized paper cup of coffee? The beer was reasonably priced though.

Doesn't bother me, but the lack of chips will probably be an issue to some. Little Johnny at the game with Dad isn't going to be pleased. All very revolutionary in stadium catering, but will Green Thai or Chili Bean curry really take over from the burger & hot dog?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The bloke serving me was called Job, according to his nametag. Spent fifteen minutes serving the dad and three kids in front of me about twenty quid's worth of food before they finally shuffled off. Then he spent five minutes frantically rooting around in the bins for till receipts before he got round to serving me. I gave him a fiver for a pint of Kronie, got my pint and the correct change, but noticed he'd run up a tenner as the amount tendered. So his till's going to be at least a fiver out, and probably much more. I'm thinking he may have to change his name...

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
I know it's the first time but FFS. They are so slow!!

Beer has plenty of fizz, pies are lovely, but it takes an hour to get served! Don't understand why when all the drinks have been prepoured.

I hope it's just down to teething problems. Bit worried that there's only two refreshment stands in the north too. Think they could do with a third.

Great to be in the new stadium though. I'll forgive them their sins!

more like 20 kiosks. f***ing joke. So bad i was queuing 15 minutes before half abduction then i was told pies were sold out.

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
The gumbo who served us in the north couldn't serve us pints straight away as he said he didn't know how too !!! Had to wait for someone else to do it.

In fairness he had been taught by half time and no flake was required so fair play to him!

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
Was looking forward to my steak and ale pie at half time because of the wonderful feedback the pies had been getting after queing from the start of half time into the first 5 mins of the second half i got told they ran out of pies!
bit upset really
but the burgers are good, hot and looked resonably fresh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here