Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee was absolutely appalling again today

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Wonder when we will see a time when Referee's are made more accountable for such utter shite performances.

AGAIN, bloody amateur. I counted at least 6 fouls that were not even close to being one today(for both sides) and yet again another Ref that wanted to be the star of the show. Ruined the flow of the game in several moments of the match and the C*** did not give a foul when Ashley Barnes was being held back during an attack by having his shirt pulled back, i think he was trying to let us play on for an advantage but there was no advantage.

USELESS TWAT

"Seriously?"
I do not know what you expect from the officials.
It wasnt 100% perfect, but what official is.

Couple of times played a good advantage with Brighton attacking
Cautioned when he had too
Fouls are about opinions and position, if he had given more free kick ect he would of been blasted as whistle happy ect

And could easily have been a 1-1 draw, if Mr Ward had not stopped the quickly taken free kick, as he was out of position.
19,000 fans screming, you wanker, its not all about you bla bla bla
20 seconds later, great cross from re take, great header 2-1, then no one was complaining

His biggest mistake was calling off Dagenham V Brighton Boxing Day Last Year

If Mr Ward was not to your taste, Peter Walton is available Tuesday night, or the team off officials from Manchester United V Newcastle United yesterday
examples of two appalling preformances

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I thought he did well. He kept the game flowing and didn't dish out yellow cards every five minutes.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Wonder when we will see a time when Referee's are made more accountable for such utter shite performances.

AGAIN, bloody amateur. I counted at least 6 fouls that were not even close to being one today(for both sides) and yet again another Ref that wanted to be the star of the show. Ruined the flow of the game in several moments of the match and the C*** did not give a foul when Ashley Barnes was being held back during an attack by having his shirt pulled back, i think he was trying to let us play on for an advantage but there was no advantage.

USELESS TWAT

The Barnes incident really annoyed me. He played the advantage because we still had the ball, it seemed to make no difference to him that due to the runner being fouled we then had nobody in the area for Lua Lua (i think it was him anyway) to cross to.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Players (almost every single one of them) try to con the officials for the whole game. Diving, drawing 'fouls', hanging their leg out, tugging, pulling - the list goes on. I'm past the point of blaming refs when they get things wrong. When they get them right it is something to be applauded. Players simply can't have it both ways - if you set out to con the officials don't be surprised when they constantly get decisions wrong.

Fans are as bad. we're happy to laugh off the dodgy decisions that go our way and chuckle as we see a dive by one of our players given as a penalty. Flip it round and we go balistic (I'm as guilty as any - and apologise to Block C for my use of the naughtiest word yesterday). It simply doesn't add up. Double standards and players diving left right and centre - who would even want to be a referee let alone expect to go through a whole game without making mistake after mistake.

That penalty - Their key responsibility for me is to spot the clear cases - and it wasn't the ref that missed the Paynter 'penalty' - it was the lino. I was directly in line with that - and the lino - and he must have seen it. He could and should have let the ref know but he bottled it. And he continued to dither all afternoon. Really poor quality assisting.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
bit odd nobody has mentioned the clear penalty coventry should of had for a blatant handball , and to me apart from a few fairy dives to the floor by players that he blew up for i thought he had a ok game to be fair

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The one that pissed me off most, was when Harley had his arms held out and back, and he walked gently into the Coventry played who dropped like a sack of spuds. And the ref still gave it. How was it a foul?

Also, it seemed whenever Calderon went in for a header and the Coventry played beat him to it, they won a free kick?

Apart from those, the ref had a decent game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here