Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref butted by No. 9 at Clymping v Southwick game today

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would be suprised if Ferring or any other junior club pay the £10 adminstration charge that is levied against players being booked. They certainly wouldnt have done when I was treasurer. couple of years ago, or in their previous spell in County football when I was Chairman. In those days their bar was quite busy but they still didnt generate sufficient money to be able to afford to pay booking fees.

Dear oh dear, Ferring are County League 3 not some junior set up.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not related to the main, awful, incident, I find the fines a bit harsh especially if booking are for things like handball or clumsy tackes. At youth/junior level £10.00 can be a hefty sum.

no problem with fines for behavioral bookings though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dear oh dear, Ferring are County League 3 not some junior set up.

They are still registered in football terms as either Junior or Intermediate. I know what division they play in as I was one of the original members that Dean Culver brought in to help them reform in the Worthing Leagiue a few years ago. In fact my wife and I set up the bar after the previous committe cocked it up and they lost their license, I played for them as a lad some 40 years ago my wife comes from there and I have been heavily involved with them for many years. It was only the fact that I live in Haywards Heath and my love for BHA that made me resign. My son and brother in law who live in the village still frequent the club quite often.

When I played for them in the 60s they played on the green opposite the village hall and changed in the village hall.

In their previous spell in county football a chap used to put up a large tarpaulin all around the pitch as was required under County League rules. When at The Glebelands ask Dean about Tom Carver who used to walk across the pitch at kick off every home game and sit in the centre circle on his wheel barrow and have a smoke as he maintained it was a public park and organised football should not have been permitted.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not related to the main, awful, incident, I find the fines a bit harsh especially if booking are for things like handball or clumsy tackes. At youth/junior level £10.00 can be a hefty sum.

no problem with fines for behavioral bookings though.

Cost me £80 last seasons fines when he was an U18

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would be suprised if Ferring or any other junior club pay the £10 adminstration charge that is levied against players being booked. They certainly wouldnt have done when I was treasurer. couple of years ago, or in their previous spell in County football when I was Chairman. In those days their bar was quite busy but they still didnt generate sufficient money to be able to afford to pay booking fees.

It was Clymping, not Ferring... and they are a senior club in County 2, not junior or even intermediate. And nothing is different between Surrey or Sussex FA, or any other FA, they are all ruled by the one FA at the top. He will be immediately banned because he was sent off anyway. He will get a sine die and he won't play football again. And he is 25, not 35-40.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was Clymping, not Ferring... and they are a senior club in County 2, not junior or even intermediate. And nothing is different between Surrey or Sussex FA, or any other FA, they are all ruled by the one FA at the top. He will be immediately banned because he was sent off anyway. He will get a sine die and he won't play football again. And he is 25, not 35-40.

The remark about Ferring was made in relation to Beach Hut saying about his son who plays for Ferring. A player who gets sent off is not automatically banned with immediate effect unless it is for striking an official or is deemed as serious by the county FA. He is given the chance to present his case at a hearing. I also pointed out that a player guilty of such an offense would be banned sine die and NO APPEAL permitted for a number of years usually when they reach 35 or 40 years of age so in this case they would probably stipulate that no appeal asking for the ban to be recinded can be heard for 10 or 15 years not the players age was that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No believe me BensGrandad he really will be banned from here on in, appeal or not... he won't be playing football again, ever.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Had that happened when I was on Surrey FA Council the player would have been suspended with immediate effect pending a hearing and then if found guilty he would be banned Sine Die with a reccommended period before an appeal could be heard, usually when the player reaches 35 - 40 years old so that in effect they cant play but at a later date when they have got older and calmed down he could be involved in football again in some capacity.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Great tale of that bloke and his wheel barrow. Bet that professional moaned John Catt is kicking himself for not thinking of that one.

I wonder if he'll be selling up when we move from Withers in oder to buy a place at Falmer?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great tale of that bloke and his wheel barrow. Bet that professional moaned John Catt is kicking himself for not thinking of that one.

I wonder if he'll be selling up when we move from Withers in oder to buy a place at Falmer?

:lolol: Would be more convenient for his regular trips to EDO-MBM, I'd imagine, just a handy bus ride down the Lewes Road. I have visions of him standing on the bridge over the A27 with a noise-meter now.

Possibly but he is
How do you justify that remark? That follows the patronising post by LondonBlue suggesting that Ben's Grandad is struggling to follow the thread whereas the reverse is true. I don't know BG but I am quite astonished by the amount of crap he has to endure on this board. I can only presume it is because he is obviously a senior that seems to invite deriding comments from the younger (and usually more disrespectful) generation.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How do you justify that remark? That follows the patronising post by LondonBlue suggesting that Ben's Grandad is struggling to follow the thread whereas the reverse is true. I don't know BG but I am quite astonished by the amount of crap he has to endure on this board. I can only presume it is because he is obviously a senior that seems to invite deriding comments from the younger (and usually more disrespectful) generation.

Quite easily when you see a lot of absolute rubbish posted at times but there you go.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I spoke to the lad who was initially assaulted - He has a broken nose but it well.

Having played against this particular person (Duffin) already this season I was amazed that he did something like this. He plays up top and I was at the back and he chatted away the whole game and didnt get the hump once, despite getting thrashed 9 -1.

Have been informed that the Referee is okay too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Sorry can you state where I have been patronising please?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I spoke to the lad who was initially assaulted - He has a broken nose but it well.

Having played against this particular person (Duffin) already this season I was amazed that he did something like this. He plays up top and I was at the back and he chatted away the whole game and didnt get the hump once, despite getting thrashed 9 -1.

Have been informed that the Referee is okay too.

The 'lad' being Phil Wilkes has not sustained a broken nose.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
The 'lad' being Phil Wilkes has not sustained a broken nose.

No, the lad being Adam Steele (Plays for Southwick). The referee was assaulted afterwards...

Last edited:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Roffey had a half decent clubhouse and pitch, all be it right next to the A243 or A24, can't remember now.

A264 its next to, it was an okay clubhouse, had a good bar and tv which was what was needed post game, and two okay pitches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here