Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref butted by No. 9 at Clymping v Southwick game today

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is Dean Adams, Chairman of Clymping FC, the same Dean Adams who is/was the producer of the football coverage on BBC Sussex?

He is indeed, your Lordship.

Clymping FC | News Items

One quote from him "We're never going to be topping division one, but I will make sure we are known for being a good club at grass roots level."
I don't think so now.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was at Southwick the day Armstrong jumped into the crowd after being sent off and butted some bloke!

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
steven duffin
146946_500_steve%20duffin.JPG

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Same happened to me playing for Mile Oak yesterday, my mum was horrified that I'd been booked. Worst thing is the £10 fine though!

It would appear the club pays their fines, which is nice

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've actually spoken to the Clymping chairman and the ref involved today. Clymping are taking it on the chin so to speak, the player is from Portsmouth and he will get a sine die, without a doubt. Clymping I believe will be making changes because of this incident. They are a very well run little club and it is unfortunate for them to get this publicity. The ref is fine, as I said he emailed me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But will he Ever be Ready to do even a short stretch like that?
WTF are Clymping, and why would Southwick be playing them? Surely this is not the same club I remember beating Hayes to reach the FA Cup First Round in the 1970s?

Same Southwick yes.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I've actually spoken to the Clymping chairman and the ref involved today. Clymping are taking it on the chin so to speak, the player is from Portsmouth and he will get a sine die, without a doubt. Clymping I believe will be making changes because of this incident. They are a very well run little club and it is unfortunate for them to get this publicity. The ref is fine, as I said he emailed me.

I had the misfortune of playing Clymping a few years back. They were a very aggressive unit in the game we played, tried to intimidate players and officials that day.

They did have a nice clubhouse though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I had the misfortune of playing Clymping a few years back. They were a very aggressive unit in the game we played, tried to intimidate players and officials that day.

They did have a nice clubhouse though.

Their clubhouse was rubbish mate! Was like a shed, could fit about three people in it. Who did you play for? Must have been West Sussex league if it was a few years back.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Their clubhouse was rubbish mate! Was like a shed, could fit about three people in it. Who did you play for? Must have been West Sussex league if it was a few years back.

It was WSL, it was a cup game I think, if not it was WSL div 3. I was playing for Roffey. I thought the clubhouse was okay, unless Im getting confused, upon reflection it was 10 yrs ago.

mickywilkins

Oct 8, 2008

Their clubhouse is good, big with huge bar and outlook to pitch and cricket!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It was WSL, it was a cup game I think, if not it was WSL div 3. I was playing for Roffey. I thought the clubhouse was okay, unless Im getting confused, upon reflection it was 10 yrs ago.

Roffey had a half decent clubhouse and pitch, all be it right next to the A243 or A24, can't remember now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had that happened when I was on Surrey FA Council the player would have been suspended with immediate effect pending a hearing and then if found guilty he would be banned Sine Die with a reccommended period before an appeal could be heard, usually when the player reaches 35 - 40 years old so that in effect they cant play but at a later date when they have got older and calmed down he could be involved in football again in some capacity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would appear the club pays their fines, which is nice

I would be suprised if Ferring or any other junior club pay the £10 adminstration charge that is levied against players being booked. They certainly wouldnt have done when I was treasurer. couple of years ago, or in their previous spell in County football when I was Chairman. In those days their bar was quite busy but they still didnt generate sufficient money to be able to afford to pay booking fees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here