Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Let's hope he isn't offered it then.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wow that's a shock, been putting himself forward for it for the last 10 years. Really hope he don't even get on the short-list let alone be offered it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love it, tonnes of complaints about the players being money-grabbing idiots involved in scandals all the time.

I know, get Del Boy in!

:facepalm:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Would the spurs fans be happy if he was seen to be angling for a move away? Would he be in a better bargaining position if he seemed eager for the job?

Not saying he's lying, I mean would you want such a thankless job? Would you want to leave just when you've achieved one goal with a club and are looking forward to a new experience (champions league management), etc. so you can go be the latest in line of scapegoats for our footballers' faults, and culture and ineffective youth development set up?

But there are reasons he would say it and later "change his mind."

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You are adored for what you have done at a failing North London club, the players would run through walls for you.

Why would you give that up for the opposite?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He may be a spiv but he seems to get the best from his players, and at least he always seems to be watching the same game as the rest of us. His lack of Plan B would be my issue with him. Mind you, I genuinely thought Capello would have one of those too.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He may be a spiv but he seems to get the best from his players, and at least he always seems to be watching the same game as the rest of us. His lack of Plan B would be my issue with him. Mind you, I genuinely thought Capello would have one of those too.

His plan B is Crouch, should do well with England then

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
and at least he always seems to be watching the same game as the rest of us.

That is one of the differences between being the manager and being a pundit - it's a lot tougher to talk honestly about performances in public when you have to go back into the dressing room and look the players in the face and ask them to do a job next time. Anyone can be a critic and state the obvious from the sidelines.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Can YOU do the job from a CELL at Wormwood Scrubs or HAVE the tax evasion charges been DROPPED ?

Once again the King Solomon of NSC is bang on, cannot go near him because of the current allegations.

Remember how the FA shit themselves over El Tel and made him walk in 1996 when he hadn't actually been charged with anything.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Capello, Hodgson, O'Neill, Mourinho.

Those are the only men I want anywhere near the England job in the next 5 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here