Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

redknapp says he wouldnt

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Rednapp would be great, but it would never happen because thew FA consider him dodgy. Frankly I couldn't care less if he was buggering boys, he can do a job in my view.

Hodgson will get it I think.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hiddink for me... Look at what he did for the Koreans and the Russians.
He's just signed a contract with Turkey, he's not going to break that. The time to get him was when we ended up with McClaren. :facepalm:
There aren't really that many top candidates about, we're not going to get Hiddink or Mourinho so if Capello goes we might as well go for the best English option, I think that's Hodgson but after him it's clearly Redknapp whatever you think of him.

We'll probably end up with Stuart Pearce and David Beckham as joint managers or something equally stupid though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The pendulum has swung back to "British" managers, which means Harry has to be a serious candidate. That said, his tax affairs are murky and this raises a big question mark over his ability to commit to the job for even 2 years.

I also think Harry would be the most likely manager to retain the "golden generation", when a complete overhaul might be in order.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No no no no no. I definately do not want that self obsessed media whore in charge.

Aswell as the fact I do not personally like the man, his management is not what we need. He generally always plays 4-4-2 which we have established did not work this tournament and needs changing. He is also too closely involved with a lot of the failures in the squad that need to be 'retired'. And when he was asked yesterday during the game what he would do to change it he said bring Crouch on and knock some long balls up to him which was the last thing we needed to hear.

He has done a good job at Spurs and can still take them further, for his and our sakes I hope he stays there.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Get Harry in, surely if he was going to get done it would have been done by now.

If not Hodgson or O'Neill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here