Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Shite

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Basically, you're another one who choose to ignore the fact that it's quite hard to make interesting discussion through positive posts, and have jumped on the "WW moans too much bandwagon". I could post 1000 times "Elphick is good, Kuipers is god, Forster has done well" bla bla f***ing bla. It might make me appear less of a 'Timmy', but it makes NO discussion at all, and is therefore relatively pointless on a message board.

I do post more negative thoughts than positive ones, but to say "unbelievable negativity comes across in all posts" is quite frankly bollocks. The fact is, a few negative opinions might be a tad controversial, meaning they stand out and trigger god knows how many posts in reply. The positive ones, which people generally agree with, are therefore ignored.

As for United - if this were a United forum, you would get negative posts about them (they aren't perfect!). But it isn't, so general United discussion is saved for HUGE matches. If they had lost say, 6-0 on Tuesday night, I don't think such "buy-eyed stupor" would come across. In fact, given the importance of the clash, you might have seen a fair few 'negative' posts in Mr Ferguson's direction. :rolleyes:

That's all well and good, but surely you can appreciate that by giving Albion players 0 out of 10 and labelling them a joke in your player ratings, and then dishing out superlatives to a United side (who I personally thought were pretty poor by theire own high standards over two legs), can start to grate on some people? Throw in to the mix eternal piss-taking of Joe Gatting and Tommy Fraser and SURELY you can "understand" why I've gone into this in so much depth.

It frustrates the hell out of me that young Albion fans growing up have to read some of the tripe on here and think that it is representative of a majority.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
whiteside?

Why do you have to do that...can you just not be happy that we have two english teams in the final and not two spanish, or italian or french teams there instead?

I really dont understand all this stuff...its not as if we, a third division team, are ever going to get anywhere near this sort of english sucess is it?

personally I think it is great that we can watch two english clubs in the final...its great!
I was being serious! Well, semi-serious (I went for Park in the end as I think he's under-rated.) I agree with you and I'm pleased it's Man U and Chelsea as opposed to Arsenal and Liverpool as they have the biggest English contingents.

I shall be 100% behind Man U in the final as they are the most 'British' team and I'll be genuinely pleased if they win.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was being serious! Well, semi-serious (I went for Park in the end as I think he's under-rated.) I agree with you and I'm pleased it's Man U and Chelsea as opposed to Arsenal and Liverpool as they have the biggest English contingents.

I shall be 100% behind Man U in the final as they are the most 'British' team and I'll be genuinely pleased if they win.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

One is American owned and Scottish managed, with 4 likely English starters [Rooney, Ferdinand, Scholes definite, Brown , Carrick possibles.]

The other is Russian owned and Israeli managed with a similar number of likely English starters [Lampard, Terry, Cole, Cole, ,,,,Wright-phillips an outside chance]

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
One is American owned and Scottish managed, with 4 likely English starters [Rooney, Ferdinand, Scholes definite, Brown , Carrick possibles.]

The other is Russian owned and Israeli managed with a similar number of likely English starters [Lampard, Terry, Cole, Cole, ,,,,Wright-phillips an outside chance]
You forgot Hargreaves and I did say 'British' so that includes Fergie and Giggs. Also Man U have a good history of developing their own players unlike Chelsea who don't seem to bring on any of their own youngsters - and when they do sign rising English talent (Parker, SWP, Sidwell) they go backwards as footballers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

But that doesnt take away the fact that they are english teams.

Everyone thinks a Vectra is an English car......its made by Vauxhall in Germany or Belgium which is part of General Moteors of America.......A focus is an English car, but its made in Spain by Ford of America!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You forgot Hargreaves and I did say 'British' so that includes Fergie and Giggs. Also Man U have a good history of developing their own players unlike Chelsea who don't seem to bring on any of their own youngsters - and when they do sign rising English talent (Parker, SWP, Sidwell) they go backwards as footballers.

I did forget Hargreaves - good player, too.

British means nothing in the context of being good for the English game, though. Why not count O'Shea - he's nearly British. Actually, count Van der Sar as well - I 've always liked the Dutch.

United do have a good HISTORY of bringing players through, but sadly history is all it is at the present time. Sinclair and Manciene at Chelsea seem as likely to break through as any of United's current English youngsters.

I've no axe to grind with United - I enjoy watching them. I really DON'T like Ferguson though. Great achievements and all that, but he increasingly acts like a spoilt child, and its most embarrassing and un-becoming.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
But that doesnt take away the fact that they are english teams.

Everyone thinks a Vectra is an English car......its made by Vauxhall in Germany or Belgium which is part of General Moteors of America.......A focus is an English car, but its made in Spain by Ford of America!!!

thanks for that Dave

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
anyway Man Utd are probably the best club team in the world with Ronaldo the best player in the world and a joy to watch. I hope they smash Chelsea in the final
and if you dont wanna read the threads about them then dont fecking open them. its not difficult

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
anyway Man Utd are probably the best club team in the world with Ronaldo the best player in the world and a joy to watch. I hope they smash Chelsea in the final
and if you dont wanna read the threads about them then dont fecking open them. its not difficult

:thumbsup::clap::thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

May be the best club but they're not my club.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I did forget Hargreaves - good player, too.

British means nothing in the context of being good for the English game, though. Why not count O'Shea - he's nearly British. Actually, count Van der Sar as well - I 've always liked the Dutch.

United do have a good HISTORY of bringing players through, but sadly history is all it is at the present time. Sinclair and Manciene at Chelsea seem as likely to break through as any of United's current English youngsters.

I've no axe to grind with United - I enjoy watching them. I really DON'T like Ferguson though. Great achievements and all that, but he increasingly acts like a spoilt child, and its most embarrassing and un-becoming.
Yes, I think you can count the Irish as they've traditionally always played for the big English clubs - certainly neither Man U or Liverpool would have won pre-Premiership European trophies without their Irish contributions. And BTW we've BOTH forgotten Fletcher; not sure what nationality he is.

So I shall be sticking with United for the reasons stated. Also I think their football has been a joy to watch at times this season - although they have gone off the boil a bit recently. Also I think I hate their glory-hunting fans marginally less than I hate the johnny-come-lately glory-hunting Chelsea fans, but I accept that's an irrational reason.

At least it's not Arsenal. To claim Arsenal as 'English' is like saying the Eiffel Tower is a great feat of British engineering just because a batch of the rivets were made in Sheffield.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes, I think you can count the Irish as they've traditionally always played for the big English clubs - certainly neither Man U or Liverpool would have won pre-Premiership European trophies without their Irish contributions. And BTW we've BOTH forgotten Fletcher; not sure what nationality he is.

So I shall be sticking with United for the reasons stated. Also I think their football has been a joy to watch at times this season - although they have gone off the boil a bit recently. Also I think I hate their glory-hunting fans marginally less than I hate the johnny-come-lately glory-hunting Chelsea fans, but I accept that's an irrational reason.

At least it's not Arsenal. To claim Arsenal as 'English' is like saying the Eiffel Tower is a great feat of British engineering just because a batch of the rivets were made in Sheffield.

fletcher is a jock

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Although conversely, Arsenal are actually the only English OWNED and RUN club of the four. Its 'just' the manager and team that are all foreigners!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here