Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Shite

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Man United are scum.

Simple as.

I don't want to have to read any gushing praise of their latest successes on an ALBION message board.

Well said Common as Mook

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If Man U do win the European Cup (unlikely), ...

Why on earth is that unlikely? There are two teams in the final, one of them is better than the other statistically by virtue of scoring more goals, therefore, I think you'll find if anything is unlikely it is that Chelsea will win.

I shall endevour to enjoy the match as best I can, and as I dislike Chelsea more than any team other than Leeds, I would prefer that Manchester United win, either way, I hope it's a good game, and that the English fans attending don't disgrace themselves.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Why on earth is that unlikely? There are two teams in the final, one of them is better than the other statistically by virtue of scoring more goals, therefore, I think you'll find if anything is unlikely it is that Chelsea will win.

I shall endevour to enjoy the match as best I can, and as I dislike Chelsea more than any team other than Leeds, I would prefer that Manchester United win, either way, I hope it's a good game, and that the English fans attending don't disgrace themselves.

Was expecting Liverpool to get through and then beat Utd in the final.

Still will be amused if Utd do not win, simply so Fergie is still striving to better Busby and win the European Cup twice.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I'm just off to JJB Sports at the Goldstone Retail Park to get my replica Man U shirt ready for the final. What name should I have on the back?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I agree with CB that people should have more of an issue with non-footballing threads than discussions about another FOOTBALL team on a FOOTBALL forum. Yes it is an Albion forum and as such the majority of football threads are Albion related, quite rightly but surely football fans would want to discuss other issues and happenings in football just of pure interest and love of the game, I know I certainly do.

As for some of the other threads posted on here, I can't really get very interested in them.

My opinion for what its worth (probably not very much).

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I would bet that if CB had said the same things about any team outside the top 4 then people would hardly bat an eyelid!!

Its only because its man u!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm 21, and have never had any real talent at football

I wouldnt worry mate looking at the state of some of our most lyal fans in their nice football shirts at withdean every Saturday niether have they :censored:

I don't have anything against discussing other teams on this board (just look at my contributions to the Leeds threads) but to be fair to Common as Mook, the threads that appeared after Man Utd scraped through against Barcelona were a bit sycophantic to say the least.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
However over the top Badger's player ratings were for the United game, I have to agree with him on most points. If NSC had been working properly over the last few days then maybe there would have been a Chelsea v Liverpool thread? I don't know? But what I do know is that these are big European games that certain football fans like to watch, regardless of which club they actually support. I'm a Brighton fan, but I really enjoy watching MOTD on Saturday nights and the occasional live game on Sky.

I would also be more than prepared to share views and opinions with other NSC users on a thread about the game. What about the thread that gets started every Sunday about MOTD2? That thread is in NO way related to the Albion, yet loads of people post on it and enjoy it. There are many other examples of threads like that one, that are not Albion related. So what? If you don't like to read/hear about unrelated things then you really shouldn't open or read the thread. Really simple actually! However more often than not, threads like this are only started with an argument in mind.

That is all

P.S Yes I am also 21 years old, much the same as Badger. What Badger failed to say was that age related taunts are very petty from someone more senior who is "supposed" to know better! You know, what with being the adult and all that. Age means nothing.

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
However over the top Badger's player ratings were for the United game, I have to agree with him on most points. If NSC had been working properly over the last few days then maybe there would have been a Chelsea v Liverpool thread? I don't know? But what I do know is that these are big European games that certain football fans like to watch, regardless of which club they actually support. I'm a Brighton fan, but I really enjoy watching MOTD on Saturday nights and the occasional live game on Sky.

I would also be more than prepared to share views and opinions with other NSC users on a thread about the game. What about the thread that gets started every Sunday about MOTD2? That thread is in NO way related to the Albion, yet loads of people post on it and enjoy it. There are many other examples of threads like that one, that are not Albion related. So what? If you don't like to read/hear about unrelated things then you really shouldn't open or read the thread. Really simple actually! However more often than not, threads like this are only started with an argument in mind.

That is all

Maybe I was a little OTT with my original post. I too enjoy good football as much as the next person. What galls me the most however, is the unbelievable negativity that comes across in all posts about the Albion and bug-eyed stupor that accompanies their posts about Utd. In fairness, CB has explained himself and puts across very valid points, ijncluding admitting that most of what he says is to wind people up. Withdean Wanker on the other hand just comes across as a complete Timmy who knows diddly-squat about football.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Maybe I was a little OTT with my original post. I too enjoy good football as much as the next person. What galls me the most however, is the unbelievable negativity that comes across in all posts about the Albion and bug-eyed stupor that accompanies their posts about Utd. In fairness, CB has explained himself and puts across very valid points, ijncluding admitting that most of what he says is to wind people up. Withdean Wanker on the other hand just comes across as a complete Timmy who knows diddly-squat about football.

Ok, Ok, I bite.

Why do i come across as a complete 'Timmy'?

How does being pleased that English opposition beat Spanish opposition to reach the most prestigious club competition in the world mean i know "diddly-squat" about football?

Why am I a wanker?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Ok, Ok, I bite.

Why do i come across as a complete 'Timmy'?

How does being pleased that English opposition beat Spanish opposition to reach the most prestigious club competition in the world mean i know "diddly-squat" about football?

Why am I a wanker?

I'm not going to bother typing it our again. You've completely missed the point of my argument, so re-read and then.

In fact, f*** it - here's a copy and paste of the crucx of my argument (for the third time)

What galls me the most however, is the unbelievable negativity that comes across in all posts about the Albion and bug-eyed stupor that accompanies their posts about Utd.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well I'm just off to JJB Sports at the Goldstone Retail Park to get my replica Man U shirt ready for the final. What name should I have on the back?

whiteside?

Why do you have to do that...can you just not be happy that we have two english teams in the final and not two spanish, or italian or french teams there instead?

I really dont understand all this stuff...its not as if we, a third division team, are ever going to get anywhere near this sort of english sucess is it?

personally I think it is great that we can watch two english clubs in the final...its great!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm not going to bother typing it our again. You've completely missed the point of my argument, so re-read and then.

In fact, f*** it - here's a copy and paste of the crucx of my argument (for the third time)

What galls me the most however, is the unbelievable negativity that comes across in all posts about the Albion and bug-eyed stupor that accompanies their posts about Utd.

Basically, you're another one who choose to ignore the fact that it's quite hard to make interesting discussion through positive posts, and have jumped on the "WW moans too much bandwagon". I could post 1000 times "Elphick is good, Kuipers is god, Forster has done well" bla bla f***ing bla. It might make me appear less of a 'Timmy', but it makes NO discussion at all, and is therefore relatively pointless on a message board.

I do post more negative thoughts than positive ones, but to say "unbelievable negativity comes across in all posts" is quite frankly bollocks. The fact is, a few negative opinions might be a tad controversial, meaning they stand out and trigger god knows how many posts in reply. The positive ones, which people generally agree with, are therefore ignored.

As for United - if this were a United forum, you would get negative posts about them (they aren't perfect!). But it isn't, so general United discussion is saved for HUGE matches. If they had lost say, 6-0 on Tuesday night, I don't think such "buy-eyed stupor" would come across. In fact, given the importance of the clash, you might have seen a fair few 'negative' posts in Mr Ferguson's direction. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here