Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recorded Delivery........Stolen post....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I had a spate of recorded delivery items that were "lost" in the system , after completing several forms and stating there maybe a tealeaf in the regional or local sorting office they must have started an investigation and "identified" the problem. Nothing has gone missing for the past year but now I have noticed that the signature of a neighbour who is in seems to be sufficient for the postie to leave it with them if I am out.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I had someone send some cash via recorded delivery last Friday. The postman/thief dropped a note through my door saying letter back at depot because I was out.

So I go to the depot and the postie/thief who was only covering for one day, suprise, suprise said the package was back to the depot.

After several phone calls and visits to the sorting office my packet with my money in it is still missing and Im getting no f***ing where:tantrum:

Anyone got any ideas or had similar problems.......Cos Im seriously f***ed off, the money would have paid for my trip to Villa, but due to the lost letter I cant afford to go:rant::rant:

That's shit news, man. There must be someone on NSC who could get you to Villa Park, having heard your story. I hope so.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
surely you can borrow, beg , steel the cash for tomorrow mate. you dont wanna miss out cos of some theiving postie

nah, not working at the moment and dont wanna borrow with no real knowledge of when can payback............I may cry now:cry:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
PM if you find a way of getting up there. As a friend has sorted me out for the Brighton end, I might have a spare (free) ticket in the Villa end if you'd like it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wonder why insurance is so high, any ideas???

It was not me who sent it, it was a fella who owed me, so you want me to ask him to partake in fraud for the sake of a couple of hundred quid?:facepalm:

I'm amazed somebody would risk sending that sort of money through the post, surely there must have been a safer way to get the money to you wasn't there?

My mother in law collected a wad of tesco vouchers for my daughters school and sent them in the post to her last year, the envelope arrived with a nice cut down the side with all the vouchers stolen.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
there you go ^^^^ now see if someone will take you up in a car. there must be someone. get yourself down the ruskin pub thing and im sure people will buy your beers knowing this story. ill buy you a couple

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Cheers all, appreciate things. Made a promise to someone tomorrow to give them as hand.....Will see you again in the final!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

SEAGULLS.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
nah, not working at the moment and dont wanna borrow with no real knowledge of when can payback............I may cry now:cry:

I thought it was supposed to be us Palace fans who are unemployed/unemployable :lolol:

Nevermind fella, I'm sure you'll be able to go watch a Premiership team play you off the park in another 15 years.

Why should anybody expect the Post Office to be efficient as it is run by Adam Crozier and we all know how well he did at the FA.

I work for Royal Mail and I concur, the bloke is a ****.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I learnt my lesson some time ago.
Now, I send birthday cards to young relatives in plain envelopes, addressed to adults.
I have rung and written to my local sorting office manager re items going missing from particular collection boxes.
I have read in my local paper of a postman arrested for opening hundreds and hundreds of letters ( particularly coloured birthday cards )
However diligent most postmen are, there will always be those who can't resist temptation.

Special Delivery™ 9.00am
Special Delivery™ Next Day both have online tracking, electronic proof of delivery and insurance up to £2500.

Recorded Signed for™ doesn't have these features and you are only insured for £39.

I work for Royal Mail and I would never send money in the post, not because of thieving but because we are such a big company and unfortunately some items get lost. Always send a cheque or postal order, preferably a cheque.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here