Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommend a film

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
12 yrs old but definitely worth watching.

Clerks.
Tagline: Just because they serve you doesn't mean they Like you. (more)

Plot Outline: A day in the lives of two convenience clerks named Dante and Randal as they annoy customers, discuss movies, and play hockey on the store roof. (more) (view trailer)

User Comments: Life-savior (more)

User Rating: ********__ 7.9/10 (46,720 votes) Vote Here

Cast overview, first billed only:
Brian O'Halloran .... Dante Hicks
Jeff Anderson .... Randal Graves
Marilyn Ghigliotti .... Veronica Loughran
Lisa Spoonhauer .... Caitlin Bree
Jason Mewes .... Jay
Kevin Smith .... Silent Bob
Scott Mosier .... Willam Black/Angry Hockey Playing Customer/Angry Mourner
Walter Flanagan .... Woolen Cap Smoker/Egg Man/Offended Customer/Cat Admiring Bitter Customer (as Walt Flanagan)
Scott Schiaffo .... Chewlie's Rep
Al Berkowitz .... Old Man
David Klein .... Hunting Cap Smoking Boy/Low I.Q. Video Customer/Hubcap Searching Customer/Angry Mourner/Angry Crowd at Door
Ed Hapstak .... Sanford/Angry Mourner
Pattijean Csik .... Coroner
Ernest O'Donnell .... Rick Derris (Trainer)
Kimberly Loughran .... Heather Jones (Alyssa's sister)

User Comments:

22 out of 30 people found the following comment useful:-
Life-savior, 14 August 1998
10/10
Author: Daniel Leal Werneck (atari@innocent.com) from Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Why claim ultra-budget movies as being the "best film ever" when you can see some guys with almost no scenary and a very low budget make a great movie that is intelligent, funny, has a good soundtrack AND is well done at the same time? Not to mention the autoral thing. It's the kind of movie that makes me think "hey, I wish I'd made this movie... and I could!" : ) --- PS: I call it life savior cause I quit my job as a clerk on the most chic CD store in my town, and couldn't figure out why. When I saw this movie I found out and recovered the trust in my self.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well me and my partner thought it was superb, so there :p

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do the 4 of you agree on everything ??? , anyway the 8.1 on imdb suggest the 4 of you are very much in the minority.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I suppose you thought The Machinist was utter gash to.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
I suppose you thought The Machinist was utter gash to.

No, I actually quite liked it. Christian Bale is very good. I thought the ending was a bit weak but on the whole a very good film.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Do the 4 of you agree on everything ??? , anyway the 8.1 on imdb suggest the 4 of you are very much in the minority.

Nope just films that are spoonfed, sentimental crap.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought the ending was superb :shootself

You say Potato I say Pototarto, You say tomoato, I say tomorto

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Sling Blade (1996).

Review: Billy Bob Thornton wrote, directed, and starred in Sling Blade, a mesmerizing drama with haunting overtones of To Kill a Mockingbird. Thornton plays a mentally retarded man who has spent 20 years in a psychiatric hospital for killing his mother and her lover. Released into the community from which he came, he befriends and protects a lonely boy regularly harassed and abused by his mom's boyfriend (a terrific performance by Dwight Yoakam).

The story is ultimately about sacrifice, but Thornton certainly doesn't get twinkly about it. Some of the best material concerns the hero's no-big-deal efforts to integrate into a "normal" life: working, eating fast food, earning admiration for his handyman skills, and attaining a semblance of community among other damaged souls. John Ritter has a great part as a gay shopkeeper who tries to assuage his own loneliness by spilling his guts out to Thornton's uncomprehending character. (Tom Keogh)

Synopsis: After catching his mother and her boyfriend 'in flagrante delicto' and dispatching both of them with a farm implement known as a sling blade, a simpleminded 11-year-old boy is sent to a mental hospital where he spends the next 25 years. Upon his release, the emotionally and mentally stunted man-child returns to his Arkansas hometown and takes a job in a local garage, only to have the past inexorably repeat itself. An indie-film triumph, adapted by star-writer-director Thornton from his 1993 short, Some Folks Call It a Sling Blade. Academy Award Nominations: 2, including Best Actor (Billy Bob Thornton). Academy Awards: Best Adapted Screenplay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here