Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reclaim the town for the Albion

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
chemical brother said:
I was walking towards the club shop the other day along that side of the road just near the old photos shop and I saw a sticker on a lamppost that said "FIGHT BACK BHA", is this anything to do with it?

xx

i saw that sticker too and thought the same thing...anyone know about it?

Brovian said:
I assume that comment was tongue-in-cheek.

It's got nothing to do with 'immigration' and everything to do with media saturation so that kids don't feel they're involved unless they support a 'proper' team.

I never had you down as a Murdoch-inspired Premiership apologist!

I am the first to decry glory-seekers - but don't tar everyone with the same brush.

My uncle - brought up in Lancashire, been going to ManUre matches since he was a kid in the sixties - until recently lived in Brighton.

Me - born and brought up (mainly) in near Lincoln, fortunately with a football-daft Brightonian stepdad. I am just trying to imagine myself being told as a kid 'don't wear your blue-and-white stripes, wear red and white stripes'.

I was brought up a Brighton fan, just not in Brighton. Some kids (I know, not all kids) will be brought up in Brighton supporting various teams (and the popularity of migration from London to the south coast means a lot of Chelsea etc fans are in Brighton), and that's fair enough.

That's what I meant when I said 'it's called immigration - chill out'.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
theres a enough of us NSC'ers in Shoreham to get the stripes out and about, I suggest a 'Shoreham NSC Meeting' in the Duke on Friday about 9ish to discuss various ways of getting the Stripes seen in this glorious town!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
fatbadger said:
I am the first to decry glory-seekers - but don't tar everyone with the same brush.

My uncle - brought up in Lancashire, been going to ManUre matches since he was a kid in the sixties - until recently lived in Brighton.

Me - born and brought up (mainly) in near Lincoln, fortunately with a football-daft Brightonian stepdad. I am just trying to imagine myself being told as a kid 'don't wear your blue-and-white stripes, wear red and white stripes'.

I was brought up a Brighton fan, just not in Brighton. Some kids (I know, not all kids) will be brought up in Brighton supporting various teams (and the popularity of migration from London to the south coast means a lot of Chelsea etc fans are in Brighton), and that's fair enough.

That's what I meant when I said 'it's called immigration - chill out'.
That's fair comment - to an extent. However I still reckon that most premiership shirts you see are worn by people who are Brightonians born and bred. I know depressingly too many families with no connection to London who support Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham and Arsenal.

And without wishing to sound too much like Norman Tebbitt I think that kids should support their local team as opposed to a distant 'family' one. After all I was born in Croydon and even when I was living in Sussex it was expected I would become a Palace fan like my parents!

I appreciate that with your slightly odd (in football terms) upbringing you may not agree. Also that would mean I'm opposed to exiled Brightonians passing on 'the faith' to their offspring - which obviously I'm not!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here