Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reclaim the town for the Albion

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Cheeky Monkey said:
Have to say I'm impressed with the amount of Albion gear on display on the streets of Brighton these daze, 50-something geezers in Albion baseball caps, kids and grown-ups alike in home shirts, even the number of cars with Albion stickers seems to be on the up. I've owned a few Albion shirts in my time, mainly worn to matches, but you wouldn't catch me around town in one. If the club shop actually produced some 'trendy' t-shirts/tops I'd have no problem wearing one around town, but until they cancel their contract with 'Top Man' or 'Primark' they won't be getting my money.

So you mean to say you wouldn't be seen out wearing this:-

5-1757.jpg

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
It has to win the award for worst item of clothing you can buy in the club shop, I can't beleive someone actually has bought it.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I've got a Seagulls minikit on my car. Unfortunately supporters of other "obscure" clubs (over here at least) have got the same idea, I've seen people around my 'hood with Stoke, Middlesbrough and Pompey gear displayed on the back of their cars.:eek:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Round the corner from me is a Palarse fan with stickers in his car it,s in one piece so far

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That's one shocking waistcoat tinx. Even more shocking that it's actually available in the club shop! In terms of car-related stuff, I've always thought that the old round badge would go perfectly on a 4x4 spare wheel cover for the spare wheel that is attached to the back of the vehicle. You can also take it off when you park up if you're not in Albion-friendly territory. There's a WHUFC one on a 4x4 in Brighton.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
People get so worried about car stickers. Our car has loads of stickers, mini-kits and a BHA numberplate. Never put them away. You can hardly put the numberplate away. Never had a problem. Not even at Palace.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
What we should do is ban all Deckchairs that arent in blue and white stripes,not only in Brighton,but in the whole of Sussex.

Then we can build from there.
Im off down to the beach in Littlehampton now!

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
I'm Brian and so is my wife said:
I'm reclaiming the streets of Guildford during the week and Brighton on matchdays.:thumbsup:
Does Guildford still have its own Chelski club shop? If so, then even more reason to get the stripes out.

Need to buy a new shirt as the Turnip waistline is ever expanding and the club's XXL now looks like a skinny fit on me. As soon as the money situation improves then expect to see more stripes in the Preston Park area.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Dropkick Turnip said:
Does Guildford still have its own Chelski club shop? If so, then even more reason to get the stripes out.

Need to buy a new shirt as the Turnip waistline is ever expanding and the club's XXL now looks like a skinny fit on me. As soon as the money situation improves then expect to see more stripes in the Preston Park area.

There used to be a Chelsea shop here, because a lot of the locals are fans, however they were all too posh to shop there so it closed!!

I too, am occasionally seen claiming the cobbled streets of Guildford in the stripes!!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Cheeky Monkey said:
Have to say I'm impressed with the amount of Albion gear on display on the streets of Brighton these daze, 50-something geezers in Albion baseball caps, kids and grown-ups alike in home shirts, even the number of cars with Albion stickers seems to be on the up. I've owned a few Albion shirts in my time, mainly worn to matches, but you wouldn't catch me around town in one. If the club shop actually produced some 'trendy' t-shirts/tops I'd have no problem wearing one around town, but until they cancel their contract with 'Top Man' or 'Primark' they won't be getting my money.

I think the choice and quality of Albion-related tat has actually vastly increased since we've had a club shop in the middle of Brighton. For example those "Brighton Babe" vest tops and "Brighton Peer" t-shirts are great, and I've got one of the long sleeved t-shirts with "Brighton Rock" on it. Remember the days of the old Goldstone club shop (bless it) when all you could get was a nasty brown cotton shirt with "BHA" embroidered badly on the breast pocket?

Also I agree that more people are wearing Albion stuff around town. Simple reasons for this, I think... it looks good and it's better quality, and you don't have to walk round advertising "Nobo" or "Sandtex" , but something which is pretty cool instead.

Just for clarification: I wouldn't buy that bloody waistcoat thought.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
fatbadger said:
It's called 'immigration', chaps - so chill out.

I assume that comment was tongue-in-cheek.

It's got nothing to do with 'immigration' and everything to do with media saturation so that kids don't feel they're involved unless they support a 'proper' team.

I never had you down as a Murdoch-inspired Premiership apologist!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here