Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reclaim the town for the Albion

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Right,

Following from the thread about the amount of Chelski shirts and other such abominations being worn around our fair TOWN i suggest a drive to get as many sets of stripes back on the streets as possible.
Whether its a kit in the car window, a sticker on a lampost or a shirt walking down the street let us remind people that we are BRIGHTON, not Chelsea, not Man U but BRIGHTON.

Who's with me??!!

:albion:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
too :censored: ing right I'am :clap:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Damn right, I'll be flying the flag for Horsham......Sussex should be blue and white striped

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
no stickers or kits in car windows for me - I got to a fair few Punk gigs in Porstmouth from time to time and dont want my windows broken!
Saying that opposite the Wedgewood Rooms in Pompey theres a pub called The Brighton & Porstmouth" something or other - always have a couple in there before a gig as they have footy on too :D

Other than that then yes, Stripes everywhere it is then!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'll have to reclaim the streets of Uckfield but it all helps :thumbsup:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stickers and mini kits are easy to remove temporarily and stick in the glove compartment.

I've even bought one of those flags that you can wedge in the window.

It looks brilliant when you're driving down the motorway

I get the point of this. But...

... isn't Brighton a place that makes part of its living on the money brought in by visitors?

If Chelsea's millionaire wants to send his supporters on spending sprees in a cool south coast city, what's wrong with that?

But I agree that we should feel uncomfortable when we see eight year old kids cycling round Victoria Park Portslade in a Chesea shirt.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm reclaiming the streets of Guildford during the week and Brighton on matchdays.:thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
I get the point of this. But...

... isn't Brighton a place that makes part of its living on the money brought in by visitors?

If Chelsea's millionaire wants to send his supporters on spending sprees in a cool south coast city, what's wrong with that?

But I agree that we should feel uncomfortable when we see eight year old kids cycling round Victoria Park Portslade in a Chesea shirt.

Pipe down grandad:angry:

SSEEEAAAGGUUULLSSSSS

I am trying to convert the backward folk of Hampshire. I stand out with my sandwich board quoting chunks of 'Build A Bonfire', trying to convince others that I can save their footballing soul.

Normally however, I stick to the Seagulls sticker and mini kit in the rear window of my car.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Well Brighton should start with the very basics.
Before getting the people to do things,make the bloody sportshops sell the tops by putting them in the windows.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think you'll find the reason for so many London shirts is the fact that over the last 5 years, Brighton has become " London by the sea ". The Brighton property market has been dominated by London buyers over the last 5 years with 40-50% of new sales being to London buyers. This is because

1. They earn a lot more than us
2. The prices here are high but still cheaper than London
3. The only first time buyers that can afford to buy here are from London

Local first time buyers forget about it, they cannot afford it as Brighton's average wage is actually below the National average !.

Local people are having to move further and further east or west in order to buy a property , this is the problem.

Until this very major problem is addressed, Brighton will become Chelsea by the sea within 10 years.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
btw have you seen in the seagulls shop, an advert by the club to print all prem shirts?? ok as far as that, but then the photo underneath shows a spurs shirt with Zamora 25 on the back!! :angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I did read or hear somewhere that BHA are allowing other City outlets to sell BHA goods with commision or something, as in a shop sells the shirts and gets 15% of the sale or whatever. Seeing more shops selling the stuff may well help in the long run.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
London by the Sea don't even get me started lets join together and stop any non Sussexites by birth or family at the border and send them back....

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
It does pis* me off a bit that JJB in town are crammed out with Chelski or even bloody Real Madrid replica tat.
The youth of today seem to spend most of their cash in places such as this on white shell suits etc, surely it would be in the clubs interest to let JJB etc sell replica kit in order to raise the profile of the club, even at the detriment of the money going directly back into the club (we must only be talking about a drop in profit of a few quid per shirt ??)

Sheep Shagg*r:drink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Have to say I'm impressed with the amount of Albion gear on display on the streets of Brighton these daze, 50-something geezers in Albion baseball caps, kids and grown-ups alike in home shirts, even the number of cars with Albion stickers seems to be on the up. I've owned a few Albion shirts in my time, mainly worn to matches, but you wouldn't catch me around town in one. If the club shop actually produced some 'trendy' t-shirts/tops I'd have no problem wearing one around town, but until they cancel their contract with 'Top Man' or 'Primark' they won't be getting my money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here