Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Reasons England won’t win the Euros…

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ok. I'll take out Upemecano and add their all time top scorer back into my list for first choice players.
Yer but that's the point. Their all time top scorer shouldn't have even been playing as there were better players but injuries scuppered them. Yet giroud (who was a reserve for them at that moment) destroyed us !!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think Spain, France, and even Germany now, have better squads and way more balanced teams....teams with players which actually compliment each other. England just looks like a collection of the best attacking players, Rice, and slow defence....it will not end well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Probably the fact that since 1966 we've never beaten a major nation in a knockout game in a WC/Euro's held abroad. Unless we get another incredibly lucky draw we will most likely need to beat 2 to win it.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
What a miserable thread this is.

We have a great chance of winning this. We've got the best-attacking players (apart from Mbappe) on the planet two of the best CDM and the best all-round midfielder. Our back 4 isn't amazing but it's not poor and there are few right-backs or central defenders better than Walker and Stones. Many of these players have won major trophies and are now experienced in getting to the latter stages of international tournaments. If Southgate has learned from previous mistakes (I think he will have judging by dropping Henderson and Rashford) you just never know.

Cheers up you grumpy lot.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings

We have a great chance of winning this. We've got the best-attacking players (apart from Mbappe) on the planet two of the best CDM and the best all-round midfielder. Our back 4 isn't amazing but it's not poor and there are few right-backs or central defenders better than Walker and Stones. Many of these players have won major trophies and are now experienced in getting to the latter stages of international tournaments. If Southgate has learned from previous mistakes (I think he will have judging by dropping Henderson and Rashford) you just never know.

The idea was to be realistic rather than miserable! Particularly given we are resting our hopes on key players who look set to be far from their best…

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dhaai1iXkAAsaxr.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
When any manager has failed domestically, it's highly unlikely that he'll succeed internationally with a major footballing nation.

With 2 weeks to go, I'm not convinced Southgate knows his starting XI, let alone the most effective formation for them.

If England do succeed, it'll be purely on the individual talent and riches in attacking midfield available, not tactical nous.

He should have gone years ago after the results of his charm offensive had run their course.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Crazy amount of attacking talent, limited quality in defensive positions in midfield, centre back and left back. Decent if unremarkable goalkeeper.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Its just way, way too many people in that squad who can't wait to score own goals, get sent off or miss penalties.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We will lose to the first decent team with a good manager we meet. We may even take the lead early on and Southgate will then go full on “let’s not concede” which won’t work this time either, as waistcoat man’s tactics get found out….again!

Glorious defeat and heart break coming up

I reckon with a decent manager we’d have a good chance though

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
We don't have the mental toughness or resilience needed to win, we wimp out when it really matters oh and our defence is utter toilet and Southgate wouldn't recognise tactics if he was hit by a bus with Tactics emblazoned across it driven by Tony Tactics on its way to Tactics town the useless Palace twat.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

NSC is always hugely, hugely negative when it comes to England.

I can understand to an extent, but the last 4-6 years have been mostly enjoyable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here