Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Reasons England won’t win the Euros…

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
2 reasons:
  1. Southgate is dreadful tactically.
  2. Our defence is average at best.
I hope Southgate proves us wrong, I just feel that with a different manager we'd stand a much better chance with the attacking and midfield talent we have, which I think is the best in the world bar none if all are fit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Southgate, It's not his lack of tactical nous that bothers me - how complex can you afford to be when you've only got the players for a week or two at a time?

It's his annoying habits of:
* picking his favourites regardless of form. Maguire, Dier, Ali - there are loads.
* picking others when they are well past their best and should've been give the chance years ago. Dunk is not the first to suffer this.
* dreadful in-game management. He is always absolutely helpless against peers who are controlling a game.

I'd be gutted if he ever managed Brighton.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England can win the Euros. But so can a host of other teams. It's always very open. The question is who the wild card will be this time.

Eight different winners in the last nine tournaments.

Far more enjoyable than the World Cup.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
2 reasons:
  1. Southgate is dreadful tactically.
  2. Our defence is average at best.
I hope Southgate proves us wrong, I just feel that with a different manager we'd stand a much better chance with the attacking and midfield talent we have, which I think is the best in the world bar none if all are fit.
Nah France reserves beat us in the world cup. We are way off them in every area.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Southgate, clueless inept muppet when he comes up against a decent team, he is found out time and time again.

A team of so much talent and promise, he will feck it up again.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Nah France reserves beat us in the world cup. We are way off them in every area.
A reserve team including first choiced players Lloris, Varane, Upamecano, Hernandez, Tchoumeni, Griezmann, Dembele and Mbappe

I agree, we were way off in every area....other than possession, shots, shots on target, corners, final 3rd attacks......

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A reserve team including first choiced players Lloris, Varane, Upamecano, Hernandez, Tchoumeni, Griezmann, Dembele and Mbappe

I agree, we were way off in every area....other than possession, shots, shots on target, corners, final 3rd attacks......
Upamecano debatable. Definitely doesnt play most games. Lloris also not first choice but maybe was at the time.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
5) I've drawn them in the sweep.

Sorry folks, haven't had a sniff of anything since Baggio missed in the 1994 shoot out to let Brazil win. At full time I actually offered the chance to share to the bloke who had Italy before the penalties and he turned me down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here