Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistically, how long do you think it will take to get into the premiership?

???

• 5 years +

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • 10 years +

Votes: 57 38.0%
  • 15 years +

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Never.

Votes: 23 15.3%

• Total voters

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
With Falmer coming and Bloom saying that he wants to take the club places, how long do you think untill we can seriously be aiming for the premeriship?

Last edited:

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
Get established in the Championship then just have one good season. Bish bash bosh

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I think one of the 'big 4' will get relegated before we get into the Prem.

Has happened before. Lest we forget, we were playing in a higher division than Chelsea from '79 to '83.

And a division above Newcastle, come to that...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
After 5 seasons in the championship ( 8 years time ? ) and the news that we are going to extend the capacity at Falmer we might be able to start thinking about it.

But then again probably not.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
I had a £500 bet last year with my housemtate that we would be there by the 2016/17season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bloom would need to have to start seriously splashing the cash if it would be in the next 5 years.

I'd say 10 years but even that is optimistic

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Anyone know which club has gone from league 1 to prem in the fastest time and how long it was?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
f***ing hell , 43% think we'll do it in 5 years, no wonder people get pissed off when we draw 1-1 with stockport.

I fully expect us to still be in this division at the start of the 2012/13 season.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
It will take a long time. It is so very difficult to compete with the "big clubs" above you like Leeds and Charlt*n for a start.

Then the Championship. Not easy to get out of that- a well established fact.

Why would you want Brighton to be in the Premiership anyway?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's all down to how much Tony's going to spend over the next couple of summers, which none of us have a clue about so it's really not even worth speculating!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
one decent season in the championship and you're in the play offs then anything can happen. look at burnley last season.

its not that hard to get out the championship, plenty of clubs have tasted the premier league, in fact i would guess that over 50% of the current 92 pro clubs have played in the premiership since its inception. so it can't be that tough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here