Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistically, how long do you think it will take to get into the premiership?

???

• 5 years +

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • 10 years +

Votes: 57 38.0%
  • 15 years +

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Never.

Votes: 23 15.3%

• Total voters

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
f***ing hell , 43% think we'll do it in 5 years, no wonder people get pissed off when we draw 1-1 with stockport.

I fully expect us to still be in this division at the start of the 2012/13 season.

I hate to nit pick, but technically they voted 5+, suggesting between 5 and 10 years. Nobody voted for within 5 years, as it isn't an option!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
What we need is stability. If we could say, keep Poyet for 5-6 years and give him all the financial backing for signings he is after, then we could establish ourselves as a top half Championship team with play off ambitions in my opinion.

Will it happen? I don't think so:down:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i dunno,got so used to watching us struggle interdispersed with fleeting moments of triumph i sometimes think we will never make the top flight again,saying that each time i drive past falmer the possibilty seems greater than ever before and if we could do it without borrowing millions of quids from outside parties and banks that would be grand.

For now i think i am witnessing the re birth of a once dying club which to me is as good if not better than that 1 season in the sun 30 years ago.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Realistically, if we can establish ourselves as a GOOD championship side within the next 10 years then I, and most others would be more than happy with that...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It will take the bubble bursting in spectacular style, or a load of teams running off to form their own independant European / Super League, or a far richer man than the nice Mr. Bloom.

Currently, although it's mostly debt, the Premiership teams are so far ahead of us in spending power that we might as well be playing another sport.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
My brother has a bet with a friend of his that Brighton will be in the Premier League before Liverpool win it. It's been going about 8 years now, and his prospects of winning are looking better by the year!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
As much as i'd like to see us in the Premier League (or whatever it's called then) I wouldn't want to see this club over extend itself financially and risk its entire future on trying to get there as so many clubs have done and are starting to suffer as a result.

We have a good oportunity to build this club back up when we are at Falmer, having Bloom pay for the stadium rather than having loans to banks which have interest payments to be met means that we could invest more of the gate money back into the squad, giving us the chance to become an established Championship side, and then who knows.

I don't think Premier League football should be an expectation, rather it should be a hope and dream. Hopefully, one day, we might eventually get there through steady growth and investment which would be far more stable than the current trend of clubs to sell their souls to get and stay there, such as West Ham borrowing and spending the next few seasons TV and season ticket money - unsustainable short termism with no real future except if they are then lucky enough to find a rich (mug) buyer to bail them out until the next rich (mug) buyer is needed.

The last thing I want to see is the club swamped in debt because we chased a dream.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Realistically we will get back into the top flight again before palace get back there! other han that, depends how much Bloom fancies spending and how good Poyet is

Whilst we are looking upward have a thought for Darlington.

Moved into a new 25,500 stadium in 2003.

Now bottom of league 2 & 1,694 turned up last night.

The odds of BHA kicking off at Falmer are probably much greater for us to be in League 2 than the Championship.

As I say spare a thought.......

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here