Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REALISTIC departures for next season?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'll go a step further than you, and say that if we do fill our squad up with all those untried at senior level youngsters, then we stand a great chance of crashing and burning next season,

I'm all for progression through the ranks, but not en-masse like that. If and when senior players are missing through injury or suspension, we can't simply "throw in the youngsters".
Looks like a decent squad to me (though I wouldn't include Connolly, who I think needs t go out on loan - whether he wants to or not!) From that squad we could put out a team of:
Sanchez
Webster; Dunk; Clarke
Lamptey ........................................... March
Lallana; Caicedo
Mac Allister
Welbeck; Maupay​

....... with cover in all positions.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I’m not sure he’d accept dropping down yet and especially not to a side that will likely not challenge again. More likely to go to one of the promoted clubs or relegated clubs looking to bounce straight back. Shef U would be a fit.

Didn't Sheff U develop their game around ball playing centre backs? Unless they start over I'd have thought that's the last place he'll end up

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Yeh but to be fair to the fella who posted previously, it didn't include any new signings, and as always there are likely to be comings and goings, as this is the departures thread

Yes that is it, a departures thread, no way we won't sign no one and unlikely we will be able to sell all listed as I said (subsidised loans to possible buys more likely as you say).

I do feel confident that its a squad that would keep us up though and a few extra signings would take us to the mid-table promise land (sustainably).

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Looks like a decent squad to me (though I wouldn't include Connolly, who I think needs t go out on loan - whether he wants to or not!) From that squad we could put out a team of:
Sanchez
Webster; Dunk; Clarke
Lamptey ........................................... March
Lallana; Caicedo
Mac Allister
Welbeck; Maupay​

....... with cover in all positions.

Have you dropped White, Veltman and Trossard?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I have a feeling Biss and White will go from the first team.

It will be a shame to lose them but, as many have said, would be a natural step in our progression. Making us a more attractive prospect for top young players.

I'd be extremely gutted if we sold Lamptey. It would be great to get a full season out of him, especially with a crowd/supporters.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have you dropped White, Veltman and Trossard?

White's been sold (I'm selecting the players from ifightbears' squad (post #63).which was replied to by a sort of 'you won't win anything with kids' type post; same reason I'm not including Bissouma.). - see posts #65, #67 to follow the conversation.

I have Lamptey and Webster ahead of Veltman as right sided options and I'm having a punt on Clarke as first choice of the left side options on that squad list.
I would like to see Mac Argie given a run as a no.10 - think he's better than Trossard, or very soon will be.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Updated:

A large clearout freeing up wages for 3/4 singings :

Ryan - OFF to Arsenal ?

Walton - OFF

Duffy - Will be hard to shift with wages, maybe loan.

White - only if we get a tempting offer.

Burn - no evidence he is going, just my suspicion.

Bernardo - OFF to Saltzberg ?

Bissouma - High possibility if the offer is right.

Pröpper - OFF to PSV ?

Băluţa - Likely OFF.

Mlakar - Likely OFF.

Izquierdo - Contract not renewed ?

Jahanbakhsh - Very hard to shift due to wages.

Andone - Must be OFF if we get an offer.

Tau - Can see us cashing in.

Locadia - Option to buy on his loan but will that deal be done ?

Connolly - Can see a loan out.

Gyökeres - OFF to Coventry ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would he want them now? both the Albion, and Chris Hughton have moved on, players get older, things change. There has been a lot of water under the bridge since Hughton's time here.
If Worrell leaves Forest I could see Duffy as a replacement if the finance works.

Maybe Stephens would also be rescued from Burnley on loan.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have a feeling Biss and White will go from the first team.

It will be a shame to lose them but, as many have said, would be a natural step in our progression. Making us a more attractive prospect for top young players.

I'd be extremely gutted if we sold Lamptey. It would be great to get a full season out of him, especially with a crowd/supporters.

I dont see a world where Lamptey leaves this summer, the injury ruled it out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m not sure he’d accept dropping down yet and especially not to a side that will likely not challenge again. More likely to go to one of the promoted clubs or relegated clubs looking to bounce straight back. Shef U would be a fit.

SPL to Championship is a sideways move at worst!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A large clearout freeing up wages for 4+ singings :

Ryan - GONE
Walton - Not sure now.
Duffy - High wages, maybe loan out.
White - ???
Burn - Missing from training photos but probably not.
Bernardo - GONE
Bissouma - ???
Pröpper - GONE
Băluţa - Nothing resolved until after Olympics.
Izquierdo - GONE
Jahanbakhsh - Going...
Andone - 2 week shop window at start of season.
Tau - Maybe going...
Locadia - Hard to shift.
Connolly - Loan move essential.
Gyökeres - GONE

Also

Clarke - Going...
Molumby - Likely loan ?

We are doing well moving them on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To me its most exciting to see how the players develop and progress... if the club made zero new signings I think it would be fine. Lots of talent in the team.

Still missing that striker though, the one man who can convert this team from a mediocre to a mid table side.someone who can put away far more of all those chances that are being created. Finding him will be both difficult and expensive l know.

Unless Wedlbeck remains fit enough to play far more games, and/or Maupay suddenly runs into form, l really don't see that we have anyone capable of doing that at the moment.

If we can find that man, then l think that really would complete the jigsaw.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Still missing that striker though, the one man who can convert this team from a mediocre to a mid table side.someone who can put away far more of all those chances that are being created. Finding him will be both difficult and expensive l know.

Unless Wedlbeck remains fit enough to play far more games, and/or Maupay suddenly runs into form, l really don't see that we have anyone capable of doing that at the moment.

If we can find that man, then l think that really would complete the jigsaw.

While I definitely wouldnt mind a new striker, I think chances are good that Maupay & Connolly will perform better than last season. Maupay was already good in every area besides putting the ball in the net, Connolly remains very young and some of his last starts (Wolves, Burnley) before getting injured (and ****ing up) were very promising. I think at least one of them will have a good season, hopefully along with Welbeck keeping up his form from the second half of the season.

So while a new striker would be nice, I dont think its all doom and gloom if it doesnt happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here