Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REALISTIC departures for next season?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You're right in terms of transfer fees. I'm thinking of clubs like Barca offering Messi a ridiculous contract. I don't think they would have done that without believing they were going to enter the ESL.

I believe Barca and Real are in serious danger of folding in the next couple of years. I would be surprised if they bought anyone for more than £10m this summer.

My guess is that super transfers like Haaland, Kane and Bissouma will have to wait a year or two for clubs to have a better idea of their finances in the post covid, non ESL world

I see what you did there.
Barca and Real probably are in the financial do, which I'm pleased about.
That said, plenty of others with their petrochemical squillions or hedge fund-leveraged debt aren't, so not so sure the summer window will be that quiet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I see what you did there.
Barca and Real probably are in the financial do, which I'm pleased about.
That said, plenty of others with their petrochemical squillions or hedge fund-leveraged debt aren't, so not so sure the summer window will be that quiet.

It will be fairly busy imho.

ManC, Manure and Chelsea will be in a bidding war for the likes of Haaland, to buy trophies next season.

EPL Financial Sustainability rules have been suspended. Villa and Everton will continue to spend vast sums. Leicester, Spurs, Leeds and West Ham are spenders.

Watford will go again, to prevent another relegation.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
The anticipated clear out seems to be gaining momentum with a string of substantiated (Naylor) departures on the cards;

Propper - PSV
Ryan - Arsenal
Bernardo - Salzburg
Walton - Released

Possibles

White/ Ostigard (will be one or the other probably)
Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh
Izquierdo
Tau
Duffy
Andone
Gyokeres
Baluta
Mlakar
Arce (actually found some form recently which could actually result in a sale)
Yapi
Locaida

If all of the above (very unlikely) does happen squad would be looking like:

Sanchez Steele McGill

Lamptey Veltman
Webster Ostigard
Dunk
Clarke Burn
March Karbownik

Moder Alzate Caicedo
Lallana Gross Molumby

Trossard MacAllister Richards

Welbeck Zeqiri Khadra
Maupay Connolly Longman

With loans for (I'm predicting):

Van Hecke
Weir
Jenks
Dubois/ Rushworth
Roberts
Cochrane (deal extended)
Dendoncker

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
The anticipated clear out seems to be gaining momentum with a string of substantiated (Naylor) departures on the cards;

Propper - PSV
Ryan - Arsenal
Bernardo - Salzburg
Walton - Released

Possibles

White/ Ostigard (will be one or the other probably)
Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh
Izquierdo
Tau
Duffy
Andone
Gyokeres
Baluta
Mlakar
Arce (actually found some form recently which could actually result in a sale)
Yapi
Locaida

If all of the above (very unlikely) does happen squad would be looking like:

Sanchez Steele McGill

Lamptey Veltman
Webster Ostigard
Dunk
Clarke Burn
March Karbownik

Moder Alzate Caicedo
Lallana Gross Molumby

Trossard MacAllister Richards

Welbeck Zeqiri Khadra
Maupay Connolly Longman

With loans for (I'm predicting):

Van Hecke
Weir
Jenks
Dubois/ Rushworth
Roberts
Cochrane (deal extended)
Dendoncker

I’d be surprised if ostigard isn’t given a longer contract seeing as he’s two years further along in his development than white was

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Interesting to see it all laid out like that

Where I differ from you is, that I don't think it will be as easy to get the big earners off the books (though fair enough many will go out on a heavily BHA subsidised loan) and I don't see all those attacking youngsters, ie Longman, Khadra, Richards all being in the squad.

At least 2 of those I'd guess will go back on loan as we'll almost certainly sign someone up front.

Similarly, Alzate, Molumby and Caicedo in the squad seems unlikely

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I’d be surprised if ostigard isn’t given a longer contract seeing as he’s two years further along in his development than white was

Ostigard has openly said though that he wants game time and that he would rather play at a lower level every week than sit on the bench in the Prem. I think unless we tell him that he's going to be involved in the match day squad regulalry, I don't think he'll want to stay. Nobody knows for sure what the club's position is, but currently I would think its unlikley he'll get first team game time and therefore would think he'll leave. However if anyone else leaves this summer (which I think is likely) the situation would change and maybe he would get a chance. At the moment my guess would be 60/40 in favour of him leaving.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Interesting to see it all laid out like that

Where I differ from you is, that I don't think it will be as easy to get the big earners off the books (though fair enough many will go out on a heavily BHA subsidised loan) and I don't see all those attacking youngsters, ie Longman, Khadra, Richards all being in the squad.

At least 2 of those I'd guess will go back on loan as we'll almost certainly sign someone up front.

Similarly, Alzate, Molumby and Caicedo in the squad seems unlikely

I'll go a step further than you, and say that if we do fill our squad up with all those untried at senior level youngsters, then we stand a great chance of crashing and burning next season,

I'm all for progression through the ranks, but not en-masse like that. If and when senior players are missing through injury or suspension, we can't simply "throw in the youngsters".

I think the ‘at risk’ list is as follows:

Ryan
Walton
Clarke
Duffy
White
Kazukolovas
Yapi
Clarke
Karbovnik (loan)
Østigård
Bernardo
Baluta
Molumby
Bissouma
Pröpper
Richards
Tau
Jahanbakhsh
Andone
Izquierdo
Locadia
Gwargis
Connolly (loan)
Gyökeres

Probably missed a few!

YIKES! and we wonder why the club lost £70m last year. Thats a shed load of wages

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'll go a step further than you, and say that if we do fill our squad up with all those untried at senior level youngsters, then we stand a great chance of crashing and burning next season,

I'm all for progression through the ranks, but not en-masse like that. If and when senior players are missing through injury or suspension, we can't simply "throw in the youngsters".

Yeh but to be fair to the fella who posted previously, it didn't include any new signings, and as always there are likely to be comings and goings, as this is the departures thread

I wonder how many of the "at risk" players we can persuade Houghton's Notts Forest to take?. Probably enough of his signings left to form a Brighton and Nottingham Forest Albion squad in the championship next year.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeh but to be fair to the fella who posted previously, it didn't include any new signings, and as always there are likely to be comings and goings, as this is the departures thread

Well if and when new signings arrive, that will deplace some of the kids he has in the squad . . . fortunately.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I would imagine Khadra, Caicedo, Karbownik, Moder and Zeqiri will be in the first team squad and in contention for a place in the starting eleven. Moder has already broken through and Zeqiri, Khadra made a few minutes appearance. Next season will be their breakthrough season. We spent good money on these players, albeit peanuts in Premier league terms and they will be given more chances next year as the likes of Propper, Connolly, Jahanabakhsh, Locadia, and other 'under-used' players will move on. We probably will not sign more than one player......we already have them.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Ostigard has openly said though that he wants game time and that he would rather play at a lower level every week than sit on the bench in the Prem. I think unless we tell him that he's going to be involved in the match day squad regulalry, I don't think he'll want to stay. Nobody knows for sure what the club's position is, but currently I would think its unlikley he'll get first team game time and therefore would think he'll leave. However if anyone else leaves this summer (which I think is likely) the situation would change and maybe he would get a chance. At the moment my guess would be 60/40 in favour of him leaving.

Yer I know mate but I doubt he’d be unhappy about another loan to a team challenging for promotion next season then having a crack at the first team after that

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I would imagine Khadra, Caicedo, Karbownik, Moder and Zeqiri will be in the first team squad and in contention for a place in the starting eleven. Moder has already broken through and Zeqiri, Khadra made a few minutes appearance. Next season will be their breakthrough season. We spent good money on these players, albeit peanuts in Premier league terms and they will be given more chances next year as the likes of Propper, Connolly, Jahanabakhsh, Locadia, and other 'under-used' players will move on. We probably will not sign more than one player......we already have them.

Two keepers outgoing - We will almost certainly sign a Carlos Saveaball, to which the almost universal response will be meh, until we need to play him.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Two keepers outgoing - We will almost certainly sign a Carlos Saveaball, to which the almost universal response will be meh, until we need to play him.
True never crossed my mind the goalie situation. What i meant was i dont think we will be spending big money on outfield players, maybe one exception being a striker as we already have a plethora of players that are waiting in the wings to replace current players. The players listed to leave have had there chance and will be shifted out even at a loss IMHO.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wonder how many of the "at risk" players we can persuade Houghton's Notts Forest to take?. Probably enough of his signings left to form a Brighton and Nottingham Forest Albion squad in the championship next year.
Duffy must be a cert to go to Forest ???

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Es-RIBnba8

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Why would he want them now? both the Albion, and Chris Hughton have moved on, players get older, things change. There has been a lot of water under the bridge since Hughton's time here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here