Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic alternatives to McGhee

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I like the withering hairs on the Wilkins scalp and the odd skill exhibited by youth players who have confidence in toughened touch.
I struggle to see the preached spillage of thoughtful endeavour ever spewed from Muggers haggard lips. So i would prefer a Wilks. He may not succeed immediately or greatly, as we have financial crippling and a ground i wish to forget, but he could bring some intent and some artistry in our means.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This is a pretty weak argument if it's all you've got left anyway. Last season was shambolic but the money excuse just about kept some fans on the idiot's side, so what is the excuse for turning in a similar performance in League One, a division we CAN compete in, against Crewe who have a very similar financial situation to us? ???

I think the real question is, who could do worse?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Kinky Gerbils said:
Indeed - plenty of people would want it.

And this is why I find the realistic replacement question irrelevant.

We will get lots of applications, of which there will be about half a dozen decent geniune could do a job people.

Some of these people we may never even have thought of - like a Boothroyd type at Watford etc.

Silent Bob said:
a division we CAN compete in, against Crewe who have a very similar financial situation to us? ???

Yet we have started the season better than Crewe. So I guess you are amazed Dario Gradi isn't sacked then?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If McGhee goes im pretty sure Wilkins will be given a good crack at taking over, possibly bringing in his brother as a no 2.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Yet we have started the season better than Crewe.
Well our sqaud remained pretty much intact whereas they lost several key players, but anyway we are only 2 points above them so there's not much to choose really.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I want a DLT in charge, reading the calls i myself made to his Sunday morning show live on silky tannoy at half-time. Most are about me beating my wife and how much i hate spoken replies from her stitched mouth. And how she makes a delicious breakfast when i finish with salty rubbery gloves on her slit paws. I like beans and toast and scrambled eggs and tomato and pepper.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Albion Dan said:
If McGhee goes im pretty sure Wilkins will be given a good crack at taking over, possibly bringing in his brother as a no 2.

Wasnt that what the Blooms were rumoured to want...........

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Albion Dan said:

I would have no problem with that.

Oct 25, 2003
i think wilkins would need a bit of grooming first- unfortunately i don't think mcghee is really the man i want passing his wisdom onto him

maybe bring in some experianced guy- can't pluck a name out of thin air, get rid of booker and white, let the new guy bring his own people in, and have wilkins as his number 2

experianced guy retires after steadying the ship, wilkins takes over

PERFICK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here