Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real Zaragoza sack their manager..... [merged]

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
i am getting really f***ed off with people on here.

So we are not at the top of the championship with a 15 point gap, SO WHAT....

We are mid table, yes we won league 1 at a canter last year, but in case it hadn't sunk in to your thick skulls yet, the Championship is a better division, and we are not automatic promotion candidates. I am more than happy to be mid table at this time of the year and come the end of the season if we are as low as 21st place, i will be happy, we will have survived.

Last year all of the posters slagging of Gus were all singing his praise because we were Champions, and now look at all of the cyber warriors wanting to trade him in for another manager. Your all a bunch of pricks.

I know there are times when we all think "Gus, maybe you should have kept that thought to yourself", but he is our manager, he has turned our club around from being a poor team on the brink of going to league 2, to a championship side, playing pretty football.

So stop the slagging of Gus, get your arse's firmly back on the GUS BUS or go and watch Crawley Town.....

Rant over!!!

It is not the position we are in the league that pisses me off - it is the boring tippy tappy football with no end product that is pissing me off. When will this team score?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I hope so - a return to real English style football and compensation as well! - Result!
Oh dear. We may not be storming this division yet but it wasn't real English style football that won us the league last year was it? Would've thought you'd have had enough hoofball during some previous, wildly successful regimes. But if you've got Mcghee's number maybe you can entice him to give your local pub team some tips? ??? :mad: :albion2:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Oh dear. We may not be storming this division yet but it wasn't real English style football that won us the league last year was it? Would've thought you'd have had enough hoofball during some previous, wildly successful regimes. But if you've got Mcghee's number maybe you can entice him to give your local pub team some tips? ??? :mad: :albion2:

There is a big difference between good quality English style football and "Hoofball" - and when did Magoo become English?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
There is a big difference between good quality English style football and "Hoofball" - and when did Magoo become English?
No doubt there is but we've had our share of hoofball and utterly useless ball in recent years, so storming the league last year and getting to our present position with barely enough players to pick from half the time will do for me for now. I don't think we've had good quality English football here for some time but I've seen plenty of good quality football since the manager you're keen to see the back of has been here. Btw, I'm well aware of the lardy one's nationality but you didn't say 'good quality English style football, coached only by an English manager ??? :kiss: :albion2:

Dec 29, 2011
Just curious. Who have we seen at the Amex this year that played Hoofball?

You're trying to compare us to West Ham who have an average height of about 6"6. Seriously though, they're HUGE! Still can't believe some people would be ok to see him leave. Pretty unbelievable imo.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You're trying to compare us to West Ham who have an average height of about 6"6. Seriously though, they're HUGE! Still can't believe some people would be ok to see him leave. Pretty unbelievable imo.

Genuinely No ... I was just wondering seeing all the statements about it ... I'm not sure I've seen any of that (consistently) at this level so I'm questioning the validity of the argument, that's all. West Ham seemed to switch between pressing up on our back 4 but were also happy to sit back and let us pass it around and wait for opportunities. I'm not sure that's how they always play but they came with a plan I think.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No doubt there is but we've had our share of hoofball and utterly useless ball in recent years, so storming the league last year and getting to our present position with barely enough players to pick from half the time will do for me for now. I don't think we've had good quality English football here for some time but I've seen plenty of good quality football since the manager you're keen to see the back of has been here. Btw, I'm well aware of the lardy one's nationality but you didn't say 'good quality English style football, coached only by an English manager ??? :kiss: :albion2:

Still happy with the shite we play after today's battering by THE ROCK BOTTOM CLUB?

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Still happy with the shite we play after today's battering by THE ROCK BOTTOM CLUB?

Pork Pie, i take it from the time of this post you weren't at the game?

I was, and in answer to your question, YUP i am!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here