Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real Zaragoza sack their manager..... [merged]

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
i am getting really f***ed off with people on here.

So we are not at the top of the championship with a 15 point gap, SO WHAT....

We are mid table, yes we won league 1 at a canter last year, but in case it hadn't sunk in to your thick skulls yet, the Championship is a better division, and we are not automatic promotion candidates. I am more than happy to be mid table at this time of the year and come the end of the season if we are as low as 21st place, i will be happy, we will have survived.

Last year all of the posters slagging of Gus were all singing his praise because we were Champions, and now look at all of the cyber warriors wanting to trade him in for another manager. Your all a bunch of pricks.

I know there are times when we all think "Gus, maybe you should have kept that thought to yourself", but he is our manager, he has turned our club around from being a poor team on the brink of going to league 2, to a championship side, playing pretty football.

So stop the slagging of Gus, get your arse's firmly back on the GUS BUS or go and watch Crawley Town.....

Rant over!!!

great post mate:banana::banana:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If he wants to go they can have him

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

We are mid table, yes we won league 1 at a canter last year, but in case it hadn't sunk in to your thick skulls yet, the Championship is a better division, and we are not automatic promotion candidates. I am more than happy to be mid table at this time of the year and come the end of the season if we are as low as 21st place, i will be happy, we will have survived.

Last year all of the posters slagging of Gus were all singing his praise because we were Champions, and now look at all of the cyber warriors wanting to trade him in for another manager. Your all a bunch of pricks.

I know there are times when we all think "Gus, maybe you should have kept that thought to yourself", but he is our manager, he has turned our club around from being a poor team on the brink of going to league 2, to a championship side, playing pretty football.

So stop the slagging of Gus, get your arse's firmly back on the GUS BUS or go and watch Crawley Town.....

Rant over!!!

Top stuff. Presumably these are the sort of idiots success attracts - people who have no perspective or clue about football beyond what they've watched from their armchairs previously. The same type who were responsible for Charlton sacking Alan Curbishley years ago because he'd 'taken the club as far as he could'. As the longstanding fans knew, that was a lot bloody further than anyone else could have taken it - and so it proved. They're still paying the price even now so I'm all for those who've been with Albion though thick and thin being pretty robust with their opinions. If anyone doesn't think that this is one of the best times ever to be watching this club (which it indisputably is) and feels the need to carp constantly, then they really ought to sling their hook and 'support' someone else.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire

Rant over!!!

Great rant. Love it. But a tad mean to make watching Crawley Town the only alternative! :)

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Well you really need to have a good look at yourself.

In GUS we trust

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
Gus has it all his way at the Albion, he is top dog and quite rightly so, he can go on to be the greatest manager at the albion instead of one of the greatest, we are sitting in a fairly healthy position in the league table, people are getting their expectations clouded by the start we had and being envious of Southampton at the top of the league, you expect most teams to put a run together, Albion had theirs first up which was great but cloud nine moves away at some point, Southampton are there at the moment, is their cloud shifting???

Gus signed a long term contract just a few months back, he knows the Albion isn't an instant winning machine but can see where we want to be, i know contracts are like toilet paper nowadays but you can only hope they mean something to Gus, he seemed loyal in his playing days and has seen off a fair few management opportunities that have come his way already.

Good times are being built by Gus and his team, i wouldn't be surprised if there were hundreds of blue and white oompaloompas running round the basement at the Amex doing as Gus tells them, enjoy watching it evolve and stop your worrying and moaning, what will happen will happen, we need to back the club 110% at every opportunity.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Lets get real - no-one, apart from a team in League 1 or two, is going to be shopping for Gus at the moment. We got 16 points from our first 6 games and 16 from the next 16 games. Before Gus becomes remotely marketable again he has got to reverse the current trend for the rest of this season (and there is a lot to put right) and turn us into contenders next season. I'm sure he understands this and it amazes me that others don't. I believe he will turn the current situation around but it will take time and patience (something in short supply on many of the posts on this site) - any further speculation on his future attractiveness to other clubs is totally pointless until he has turned it around.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Lets get real - no-one, apart from a team in League 1 or two, is going to be shopping for Gus at the moment. We got 16 points from our first 6 games and 16 from the next 16 games. Before Gus becomes remotely marketable again he has got to reverse the current trend for the rest of this season (and there is a lot to put right) and turn us into contenders next season. I'm sure he understands this and it amazes me that others don't. I believe he will turn the current situation around but it will take time and patience (something in short supply on many of the posts on this site) - any further speculation on his future attractiveness to other clubs is totally pointless until he has turned it around.

Best quote on the thread so far, although maybe some lower premier clubs would also be in the market. Gus has done a great job, but no one is irreplaceable and I agree that our current form is not going to attract the big guns.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What just because his opinon differs from yours ? No need to abuse people !
For what it's worth I sincerely hope Gus is with us for a good while yet, but if he goes.......that's football, he's not irreplaceable, and let's not forget, we now have a stadium and a chairman that will back the manager with money. not to mention the new training complex on the way.
We are now an attractive proposition for decent managers and coaches

What a very sensible post well done that man.

Also (in the view of some) there seems to be a link between your level of support for B&HA and your undying loyalty of the Manager which I find friggin nuts. I'm happy to say Jury's out for me with Gus at mo. Things have gone pear shaped ... transfer dealings a little odd, discipline, selections, PR gaffs, tactics, some woeful performances ..... but I hope he gets a better run of luck and turns it around for us. In the unlikely event that we can't improve and we end up in a relegation situation I would defo question his overall ability but to suggest that makes me any less of a fan than the next fella is barking

Cue .. "we're 4 points off the play offs FFS" please don't ... not again!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus has it all his way at the Albion, he is top dog and quite rightly so, he can go on to be the greatest manager at the albion instead of one of the greatest, we are sitting in a fairly healthy position in the league table, people are getting their expectations clouded by the start we had and being envious of Southampton at the top of the league, you expect most teams to put a run together, Albion had theirs first up which was great but cloud nine moves away at some point, Southampton are there at the moment, is their cloud shifting???

Gus signed a long term contract just a few months back, he knows the Albion isn't an instant winning machine but can see where we want to be, i know contracts are like toilet paper nowadays but you can only hope they mean something to Gus, he seemed loyal in his playing days and has seen off a fair few management opportunities that have come his way already.

Good times are being built by Gus and his team, i wouldn't be surprised if there were hundreds of blue and white oompaloompas running round the basement at the Amex doing as Gus tells them, enjoy watching it evolve and stop your worrying and moaning, what will happen will happen, we need to back the club 110% at every opportunity.

I don't believe for one second that Poyet has turned down any jobs so far, where he could go and achieve more than he can with us and a chairman who backs him to the hilt. Just because he has not shown any interest in jobs that are no better than the one he already has, does not mean he is any more loyal than the next man and anyone that thinks it does is quite frankly a fool.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I can't quite believe me eyes with some posts on here. Ridiculous.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Rant over!!!
my arse is firmly on the bus :salute: :rock: :albion2:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
What just because his opinon differs from yours ? No need to abuse people !
For what it's worth I sincerely hope Gus is with us for a good while yet, but if he goes.......that's football, he's not irreplaceable, and let's not forget, we now have a stadium and a chairman that will back the manager with money. not to mention the new training complex on the way.
We are now an attractive proposition for decent managers and coaches
tbh I thought it was most likely a wind up - did you actually read the poat I was responding to? Quite a few similar responses and happy to stand by mine - felt I was fairly polite under the circumstances :kiss: :rock: :albion2:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

So we are not at the top of the championship with a 15 point gap, so what....

We are mid table, yes we won league 1 at a canter last year, but in case it hadn't sunk in to your thick skulls yet, the championship is a better division, and we are not automatic promotion candidates. I am more than happy to be mid table at this time of the year and come the end of the season if we are as low as 21st place, i will be happy, we will have survived.

Last year all of the posters slagging of gus were all singing his praise because we were champions, and now look at all of the cyber warriors wanting to trade him in for another manager. Your all a bunch of pricks.

I know there are times when we all think "gus, maybe you should have kept that thought to yourself", but he is our manager, he has turned our club around from being a poor team on the brink of going to league 2, to a championship side, playing pretty football.

So stop the slagging of gus, get your arse's firmly back on the gus bus or go and watch crawley town.....

Rant over!!!

brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here