Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real Madrid v Barcelona Official Thread 1st leg

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Spanish football is inferior to English football. Yeah right.

Looks like Gus still has his work cut out.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just an aside but on the same point if you see what I mean, no? Bollocks to yer then! Watch ManUre and whenever the ref blows against Utd count how many times Rooney is there in the refs face ... guarantee a good five times at the least per game.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Just an aside but on the same point if you see what I mean, no? Bollocks to yer then! Watch ManUre and whenever the ref blows against Utd count how many times Rooney is there in the refs face ... guarantee a good five times at the least per game.

absolutely. Rooney amongst others.

It's all a bit Lee Clarke this 'them foreigners always moaning and faking' and as Gus (glory be) said 'ees Heepicritical'

by all accounts this game was a bit shit. Even 'el classicos' can be rubbish.

Or perhaps people would prefer another classic like the man u chelsea final a few years back. football at it's 'finest'

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
just to the people who thought i was hamming it up re. spanish football...

the english leagues are not as bad as that. i've never seen anything like it. we are no angels for the dramatic stuff but this lot were in another dimension.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
a slightly different angle, the Spanish hate our 'tough' tackling as much as the English hate their 'play acting'

again, something Gus (saviour of the universe) has hinted at this season when he talks about being 'brave'. His definition of brave being taking chances, not steaming in.

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
by football if you mean constantly surrounding the referee then yes 2-0.

you moron

Very Good :facepalm:

The last 3 games they've played have all followed the same pattern because Mourinho is too much of a coward to play Barca straight up to see who's the best team in the world. Concentrating on playing the spolier has made these game really boring.
Funny thing is that Madrids squad is actually far better than Barcas , but that over rated clown is more concerned with his reputation. Madrid could cause barca a few problems if they have a go at them.

As for the diving totally agree.....disgrace....but Di Marria was the biggest culprit on their tonight....and that was an intentional stamp from Marcello .

The next game will be interesting to see how it plays out. Madrid have to come and attack, so I bet this game will be far more free flowing and we might finally get a decent game between two quality teams

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
In my opinion

Man Utd
Van der Sar
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Nani
Rooney
Hernandez

Chelsea
Cech
Terry
Cole
Malouda
Torres
Drogba

Arsenal
Vermalen
Fabregas
Walcott
Ven Persie

Walcott wouldn't get anywhere near their team.. Ferdinand, Hernandez, Evra, Terry, Cole, Malouda and Vermaelen would struggle, maybe make the subs bench if they were lucky

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
while it happens in the premiership too, the players surrounding the ref was something else last night. leading up to the red card i think there was 8 players around him while not a single Barca play went to check on their injured team mate.

i really dont know why UEFA dont stop it - simple yellow for harrassing the ref or motioning for a card. they yellow card for shirts off, so why not this?

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I would think Mourinho's conspiracy theories are ridiculous but if you remember the Chelsea v Barcelona semi-final the other year when they got denied 4 blatant penalties it does make you wonder!

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
FGS watch what's happening. In the CL and in Europe certain things (tackles and using your hands) led to red cards. A certan M r M sets his teams up to use every trick he can. You haveto fight fire with fire. Next season we had better be ready too or some of the Championship teams will batten us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Very Good :facepalm:

The last 3 games they've played have all followed the same pattern because Mourinho is too much of a coward to play Barca straight up to see who's the best team in the world. Concentrating on playing the spolier has made these game really boring.
Funny thing is that Madrids squad is actually far better than Barcas , but that over rated clown is more concerned with his reputation. Madrid could cause barca a few problems if they have a go at them.

As for the diving totally agree.....disgrace....but Di Marria was the biggest culprit on their tonight....and that was an intentional stamp from Marcello .

The next game will be interesting to see how it plays out. Madrid have to come and attack, so I bet this game will be far more free flowing and we might finally get a decent game between two quality teams

Porto

- 2003 Portuguese Liga
- 2003 Portuguese Cup
- 2003 UEFA Cup
- 2003 Portuguese Super Cup
- 2004 Portugese Liga
- 2004 UEFA Champions League

Chelsea

- 2005 FA Premier League
- 2005 League Cup
- 2005 FA Community Shield
- 2006 FA Premier League
- 2007 League Cup
- 2007 FA Cup

Inter Milan

- 2008 Supercoppa Italiana
- 2009 Serie A
- 2010 Serie A
- 2010 Coppa Italia
- 2010 UEFA Champions League

Over rated clown! :facepalm:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Jose got exactly what he deserved. Playing 7 defensive players and no out and out forward for the first 45 at home in a semi final is a disgrace especially when you consider that Barca had a centre back who has been out for a few weeks playing left back, a defensive midfielder playing at centre back and were missing a little genius in midfield (although Keita is not a bad replacement). As for moaning about the cards Pepe went high over the ball which was at least a yellow and from the ref's angle must have looked a lot worse and Ramos and Arbeloa (sp?) were blatant blogs that got what they deserved. Marcelo should have gone for his stamp as well.
Yes Barca didn't cover themselves in glory with some of the diving/surrounding the ref but Madrid were doing exactly the same fortunately football won the day with Messi at the end

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I would think Mourinho's conspiracy theories are ridiculous but if you remember the Chelsea v Barcelona semi-final the other year when they got denied 4 blatant penalties it does make you wonder!

Would that be the same game when Barcelona had Abidal wrongly sent off - thanks to blatant dive, no less - with a good half hour left (and Chelsea, already one up, couldn't close it out against 10 men)? What happened there, did the ref suddenly forget which team he was supposed to be biased towards?

It was a crap game, but primarily down to Madrid playing anti-football. Mourinho went for the 0-0, at home, which I think is a pretty poor show.

Barcelona are very good at pressuring the ref though, it's clearly something they've practised a lot. As soon as any of them is fouled there are two players on the ref in an instant, and if it looks bad then 6 will instantaneously do it. It's not a nice trait but a part of me does admire their organisation.

In terms of Pepe's sending off, when I saw it in real time I thought it was a red. The replays showed it wasn't as bad as it first looked, but the ref doesn't get the benefit of those, so I don't blame him for making the decision he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here