Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real Madrid v Barcelona Official Thread 1st leg

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Messi - Genius.

Barcalona - cheating embarrassment.

Messi showed Ronaldo up as the best in the world by a mile. Ronaldo was anonymous, the only good thing you can say about him is that for once there were probably at least ten bigger cheats than him out there.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think only Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Villa would improve Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal

OK, and how many Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal players would improve Barca's team in your opinion?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
OK, and how many Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal players would improve Barca's team in your opinion?

In my opinion

Man Utd
Van der Sar
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Nani
Rooney
Hernandez

Chelsea
Cech
Terry
Cole
Malouda
Torres
Drogba

Arsenal
Vermalen
Fabregas
Walcott
Ven Persie

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Such a poor game, and apart from Messi and a couple of other Barca really do have an average side. The problem is you can't get the ball off them as they flick it about so well.

I don't think there are many of those players that Chelsea or Man United would be interested in

Something of a contradiction, no? An average side so good you can't get the ball off them?

... and the players you've listed above are frankly ridiculous. Granted, Barcelona have all sorts of hyperbole piled upon them, but they really are that good. Of those you've given, only Rooney, Cole, Evra and Fabregas would stand a hope of making the first 11.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
The hackers and foulers lost 2-0.
£373m spent by Real on players, the so-called 'best manager', and so negative / dirty at home.

Viva football.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Busquets,Pedro,Alves and David Villa Offside are certainly right up there with cheats of the world.

The ref was put under loads of pressure and cracked under it.

Messi could be considered the next Peter Ward,though his flair lacks because he doesn't play for us.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Xavi, Iniesta (when fit), Pedro, Villa, Alves world class too.

Pepe, Ramos, Cavalhlo .... filthy, snide. Got their just desserts.

Don't just micro-analyse the red card in slo-mo. Pepe went over the ball and was trying to harm. Well done ref.
The shoulder charging and illegal blocking by Real is anti-football. Why these tactics, when you are at home and have wasted £373m to only BUY the Spanish Cup.

If Real won all the trophies with these tactics, it would filter down in European football to encourage abanding passing and skilled football.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Real Madrid 0 Football 2

Well done Ref, and great that the only team that passed/moved/were inventive won the game.

Before anyone defends thug Pepe's karate move, have a look at Marcelo's deliberate stamp on Pedro. Skysports News are showing it every 1/2 hour.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Well done Ref, and great that the only team that passed/moved/were inventive won the game.

Before anyone defends thug Pepe's karate move, have a look at Marcelo's deliberate stamp on Pedro. Skysports News are showing it every 1/2 hour.

by football if you mean constantly surrounding the referee then yes 2-0.

you moron

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Very disapointed with Barca tonight. Thought they were a disgrace the way they kept surrounding the ref. Don't think it was a deliberate stamp. If that's the way they want to play it's up to them. They don't need to do it they're so good when they pass it around.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
don't get me wrong. i hate madrid and love barca's style of football but the playacting and ref surrounding was embarrassing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
El Clasico my arse. Bunch of Latin ponches diving and feigning injury. Apart from Messi, who is the best footballer since Maradona.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I didn't realise football is now a sport in which the aim is to surround the ref at every opportunity, go down clutching a part of your body with which no contact was made at every single opportunity and get in mass brawls every 5-10 minutes.

Yes, go Football

:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here