Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real idiots

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Re: Re: Re: Real idiots

PILTDOWN MAN said:
Thank you for your opinion of me. I'd be interested to know this football culture thing. I surpose being a sth for 33 years and going all over the country watching Brighton I know f*** all.

It would appear not, no!

PILTDOWN MAN said:
The fact remains if no one attempted to gain access without a ticket then there would not have been a problem end of. TWAT

But they did and there was.

Like I said it's unfortunate for those who did have a genuine ticket and didn't get in. However surely these people would have realised that there were more people in Athens than there were tickets!?!?

What were they going to do sit in a bar and clap occasionally? No, they are going beg, borrow and steal for a chance to get in. If you turn up 10 minutes before a game like this then it's the risk you take I'm afraid.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Real idiots

Dave the Gaffer said:
But therein lies the problem.

This is not a snidy remark aimed at you per se, but if you"jumped" the barrier, then presumably if that stadium was full, then either

1) you would have caused a problem by standing/sitting in a spot that was reserved for someone who had bought a ticket legitimately
I'd say that was the closest. I know what you're saying and I know doing it is wrong, but if it means having to stand in the aisle and watch the match rather than wander the streets then I'll take watching the match. The thing is in these countries you know that the auhorities will allow it to happen, no one gets slung out. When I did it there weren't that many who travelled without tickets so there wasn't a problem in the ground, they didn't even check most peoples tickets anyway.
Last night was a bit different in that there was a large number of forged tickets and the police/organisers just let everyone in, then creating the problem that people with legit tickets were shut out, and then not surprisingly they kicked off.

Dick Knights Mumm said:
Are you saying it is okay to storm the gates if you don't have a ticket as it is the fault of the authorities for not providing you with one ?

Interesting.

No I am not saying it is ok to storm the gates if you don't have a ticket supplied by the authorities, but I can understand that some iresponsible fans may resort to this if there is not enough tickets and the control of the fans is poor.
It should never have been held at the stadium in the first place, it doesn't even have turnstiles!

cjd said:
If the liverpool fans without tickets hadn,t turned up, it DEFINITELY wouldn,t have happened.

But ticketless fans always turn up you can't rely on that not to happen.
I bet there were hundreds of ticketless Chelsea and Man Utd fans who turned up at Wembley last Saturday. But did you see any problems of people getting into the stadium without a ticket or with forged tickets? No!
Why?
Because the police and Wembley Stadium controlled it properly.

NS Herald said:
No proper ticket checks nothing to do with the stadium and turnstyles shouldn't be necessary in this day and age

We have turnstiles at every ground in England, I think our authorities think they are neccesary. Turnstiles help control fans movement into the stadium, they help stop crushes.

Gazwag said:
Former Conservative leader Michael Howard was at the game and he said: "I didn't think the match should have been held at the stadium.

"It's not a football stadium and is not equipped to cope with that number of people.

"Ticket checks were a joke. Many people with valid tickets were not allowed in.

"That is not acceptable and Uefa really need to look at their procedures and make sure everything is all in order.

"As far as I'm aware no-one was hurt, and that's a mercy, but it's no thanks to the Greek authorities, and I'm afraid there was a large measure of incompetence."

But Gaillard responded: "It is very easy to say it is not a suitable stadium, coming from the man that invented the poll tax.

Gaillard defended Uefa against any responsibility for the problems, adding: "The only responsibility we could have is that we did not choose a stadium with 250,000 seats, but unfortunately they do not exist."

Err Mr Gaillard if you actually provide decent number of tickets to fans then the problem would have been reduced somewhat.

!00% agree with you on the last point.

Dave the Gaffer said:
really...so when Greece play their home matches there and the stadium is full with no problems at all...it is a joke then is it?

Comparing a Champions League final to a Greece home game is not really fair is it?
In the Champions League you have roughly a fifty/fifty split of potentially two foreign teams supporters. Whereas for the Greece home games I would imagine that it is ninety percent home support at the game.

NS Herald said:
Why not - it coped with the Olympics and copes with Greek internationals. Problem is it can't cope with 40,000 scousers where there are only tickets for 17,000 :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Comparing the the fans at the Olympics and Greek home matches with fans at Champions League Finals is not accurate.
For a start the majority of Olympic Fans would not have been on the piss for a lot of the day. Also the Greek home matches would have been made up with a vast majority of home fans, much easier to police than two sets of foreign fans.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
AEK Athens play their home matches there.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
NS Herald said:
There always have and always will be problems with a shortage of tickets due to corporate sponsorship etc. The fact is that Milan play in an 85,000 seat stadium and it would appear that 17,000 lucky fans with tickets went to the game and NOT another 20,000 without them. Surely this tells it's own story!

Milan couldn't even sell out their allocation, so ticketless fans were hardly likely to travel.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
PILTDOWN MAN said:
Did anyone watch the news post the final. Liverpool fans who without tickets tried to burst through the barriers to get into the stadium?

Will these idiots ever learn. Why travel when there's no hope of tickets?

History should have taught them a horrible lesson. No matter who was blamed officially of the Hillsborough disaster the blatant fact remains if ticketless surporters hadn't tried to gain entry to the match the deaths would not have occured.

He was slated at the time but Boris Jonhson had a point.

Inicent people died through this stupidity and we have stadiums without terraces due to this mentality.

Franckly I'm disgusted with them.

Rant over.

Well said Grant - are you back in Sussex now or are you still in the pub oop north??? It's Rob by the way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here