Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real idiots

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Did anyone watch the news post the final. Liverpool fans who without tickets tried to burst through the barriers to get into the stadium?

Will these idiots ever learn. Why travel when there's no hope of tickets?

History should have taught them a horrible lesson. No matter who was blamed officially of the Hillsborough disaster the blatant fact remains if ticketless surporters hadn't tried to gain entry to the match the deaths would not have occured.

He was slated at the time but Boris Jonhson had a point.

Inicent people died through this stupidity and we have stadiums without terraces due to this mentality.

Franckly I'm disgusted with them.

Rant over.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
PILTDOWN MAN said:
No matter who was blamed officially of the Hillsborough disaster the blatant fact remains if ticketless surporters hadn't tried to gain entry to the match the deaths would not have occured.

Inicent people died through this stupidity and we have stadiums without terraces due to this mentality.

At last! Someone who talks sense. I agree with you 100%

Last edited:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
PILTDOWN MAN said:
Did anyone watch the news post the final. Liverpool fans who without tickets tried to burst through the barriers to get into the stadium?

History should have taught them a horrible lesson. No matter who was blamed officially of the Hillsborough disaster the blatant fact remains if ticketless surporters hadn't tried to gain entry to the match the deaths would not have occured.

Rant over.

Too true
Give them some credit though. They did manage to get over to Athens alone, depsite having the biggest handicap possible. You know. Being Scouser :dunce:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
PILTDOWN MAN said:

Rant over.

I agree with you however did anyone see the short fat guy on the news jump over the barrier, and run his little heart out. i was so impressed with how he kept goin, until the big burly guy got a hold of him. ruined my night and his. :jester:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
too true, if you dont have a ticket then by all means go but watch the match in a bar and celebreate/comiserate with the fans after the game. dont try and jump it into the stadium.

PILTDOWN MAN said:

Rant over.

History also tells us if the the police had controlled the situation at Hillsborough better there may have been no deaths. Also if the fences at Hillsborough had not been locked there might have been no deaths either. If the Liverpool fans had been put in the Kop End instead of the Leppings Lane End there may have been no problems. There are lots of scenarios that if had happened differently the Hillsborough Disaster may never have happened.
We have stadiums without terraces because the authorities decided it is safer to have them like that, after the reading the Taylor report.
However anyone with a brain will tell you that if you try and squeeze hundreds of football fans into an all seated area that is full with no escape then there will be casualities.
Oh where do you get the idea that they have travelled without any hope of getting tickets. Have you never heard of touts at matches selling tickets for over inflated prices?
Yet again we are seeing the problem of football authorities not giving out the majority of the match tickets to fans of both sets of supporters. This is why lots of Liverpool fans travelled without tickets, this is why some fans decided to storm the gates. If they had genuine tickets this may never have happened.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Real idiots

Southover Street Seagull said:
History also tells us if the the police had controlled the situation at Hillsborough better there may have been no deaths. Also if the fences at Hillsborough had not been locked there might have been no deaths either. If the Liverpool fans had been put in the Kop End instead of the Leppings Lane End there may have been no problems. There are lots of scenarios that if had happened differently the Hillsborough Disaster may never have happened.
We have stadiums without terraces because the authorities decided it is safer to have them like that, after the reading the Taylor report.
However anyone with a brain will tell you that if you try and squeeze hundreds of football fans into an all seated area that is full with no escape then there will be casualities.
Oh where do you get the idea that they have travelled without any hope of getting tickets. Have you never heard of touts at matches selling tickets for over inflated prices?
Yet again we are seeing the problem of football authorities not giving out the majority of the match tickets to fans of both sets of supporters. This is why lots of Liverpool fans travelled without tickets, this is why some fans decided to storm the gates. If they had genuine tickets this may never have happened.

I agree but because they're scousers then they're fair game.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest there is a certain type of person who considers this sort of behaviour as acceptable. I worked in Liverpool a few years ago and they are really good at self pity. They'll see the lack of tickets as another example of how the rest of the world is against them.

Frankly it's hard not to see a stereotype here.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Didn't some Brighton fans break into the Goldstone once? :lolol:

dougdeep said:
Didn't some Brighton fans break into the Goldstone once? :lolol:

Yes I was one of them! I must be a certain type of person who thinks that sort of behaviour is acceptable.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Are you saying it is okay to storm the gates if you don't have a ticket as it is the fault of the authorities for not providing you with one ?

Interesting.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not justifying the storming of the gates, but why the f*** didnt they put on big screens for the game. they knew there were thousands of fans more than could possibly get in, and the authorities seem to just ignore that problem.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
So, let me get this straight, Liverpool were given an allocation of tickets to a stadium that had sold out but something like 50k of their fans chose to go to Athens in the vague hope that they might get one from a tout. Clearly there would not be enough tickets to go round so some of those who had no ticket tried, and in many cases succeeded, to get in the ground without one. The Greeks were lucky that there wasn't a tragedy caused by over-crowding, it appears that when they realised that the stadium was full they just blocked the gates and stopped some people who had genuine tickets from getting in. I would have been mighty hacked off if I had bought and paid for a ticket, gone to Athens, then been unable to get into the ground because someone had got in without paying.

Who is to blame here, ticketless Scousers!!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Why do people keep calling them scousers when are large perentage of them are southern twats who support Liverpool because they were big in the 80s?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Why do people keep calling them scousers when are large perentage of them are southern twats who support Liverpool because they were big in the 80s?

agreed carlos - doesnt stop the fact thye are clueless wankers though

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

History also tells us if the the police had controlled the situation at Hillsborough better there MAY have been no deaths. Also if the fences at Hillsborough had not been locked there MIGHT have been no deaths either. If the Liverpool fans had been put in the Kop End instead of the Leppings Lane End there MAY have been no problems. There are lots of scenarios that if had happened differently the Hillsborough Disaster MAY never have happened.

If the liverpool fans without tickets hadn,t turned up, it DEFINITELY wouldn,t have happened.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Are you actually sure these fans were ticketless, reports this morning suggested that 100's of fans with legit tickets were stopped from entering as they closed the stadium five minutes before kickoff.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I remember when they had a massive row with Millwall a few years back and they were on the sky cameras saying Millwall had been chanting about Bigley and Hillsborough. No mention of the pubs Liverpool had trashed beforehand then...

Since the flack the Sun took over Hillsborough the media seems scared of reporting Liverpool fans in a negative light.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
PILTDOWN MAN said:

Rant over.

f*** right off, you self righteous twat!!

Why travel without a ticket?? Errrmm to see the world, support your team, have a laugh with your mates!?! Need I go on??

I've followed England and Albion away and had no intention of going to the game on numerous occasions. It's football culture pal, something you and allot of the other nerds on here no f*** all about.

Fair play to the scoucers for travelling and even fairer play to those who managed to jib their way into the ground. Those who had genuine tickets and didn't get in well if the didn't know the score they certainly do now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here